• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what made you choose your home mountain?

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Summit at Snoqualmie (aka Snoqualmie Pass)- because it's where I got hired. I had finished my summer season at Olympic National Park and was in need of a winter job, so I applied for liftie positions at the Summit and at Stevens Pass. I happened to know one of the patrol supervisors at the Summit, and he promised to hire me once I learned to ski. So I took the job there and found a room to rent with a 20-minute drive to the ski area. (or about 30 minutes in pickup truck with a 4-cylinder engine) And thanks to the free group lessons for employees, I learned how to ski.

EGose

Diva in Training
I live about 5 minutes from Okemo and the price for the midweek season price is right, so it's kind of a no-brainer. And though it isn't the most challenging mountain out there, it's still a lot of fun. Plus I like the atmosphere.

I live like 20 minutes from Okemo! I worked at Ascutney as an instructor for 6 years, all through high school and college. Im out west now!

Im not a fan of Okemo or Ascutney, though of the two Ascutney wins. Maybe its because I ski for free whenever I go. Its a little steeper and a bit more technical than Okemo. Sometimes Okemo feels like a tourist trap.

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Well proximity would be my reason. I'm about 10 min away from Mount Kato in Minnesota. Its not big...and after skiing there for ages its not particularly challenging. However, it gets me out on the slopes and that's where I want to be!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga