• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what do you consider a "day" of skiing?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I know that a lot of us keep track of how many days we ski.

So what do you consider a "day"? Is is enough to take one run, or do you have to put in a certain number of hours? What counts?

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd probably count any time I go and take more than 2 runs. I really really hate crowds/long lift lines so I usually go early (not quite first chair, but close) and go for a few hours until the lift lines get too long (ie I'm standing 15+ minutes waiting) or the trails get too crowded. I just find the crowds frustrating and annoying (especially the lack of etiquette etcs) and to be honest I get enough frustration at work. I don't need it when I'm out to have "fun".

Jilly

Staff member
Any time I get at least 4 runs in. Or 2 hours of teaching - nights - at the local hill! 35 days so far this year!

Ditto to Ski Girl!!!!

In fact, last year, before I got back on the mountain, a ski day was any day my Lovely Langes made their way onto my feet!!! :D

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We don't have any ski mountains close to us, to when we go, we intend to put in a full day.
We start as early as we can in the morning, usually just after first chair, and ski until at least 2:30 pm. We take a couple of breaks as needed, but they aren't long -- just enough to use the rest room and stuff our sandwiches down. If it's brutally cold, we might take a quick warm-up break or two. My husband's feet get cold easily.
Speaking of my husband, he can charge all day and still have plenty of energy in the afternoon. If I'm totally beat, I'll quit at around 2:30 and he'll keep skiing till 3 or 4.
We don't have a "production quota" of runs, but we do ski pretty hard I guess, judging by the reactions of others who have come with us from time to time.
I find that the longer you're in the lodge, the colder it feels when you get back out there. Besides, I find the lodges are usually noisy, crowded and generally unpleasant.

altagirl

Staff member
Anytime I go, put on my skis and do at least one run, it's a ski day.

Sometimes it's open to close, sometimes it's a couple runs and I have to get to work (or the crowds suck or my knees are protesting...)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A ski day is any time my skis hit the snow at a ski area. Sometimes it's first chair to 5 or 6pm, sometimes it just an hour or 2 for racing.

Any day that my feet are in ski boots and bindings is a ski day for me, but I try to ski at least 2 1/2 hours on each day that I'm out. I only ski mid-week or weekends at a local quiet place with no lines, so minimal time is spent non-skiing. The lifts at Big Sky were so fast and the runs so long that 4 hours of skiing totally wiped me out!

Today my daughters were able to ski and ride with me for 3 hours total which was very exciting. This is their second season, and they are now on the blue runs and want to explore the mountain with me. Yipee!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga