• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So, how did your first runs of the season go?

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My first runs were fantastic. The snow was a pretty heavy mushy mess in the morning. But by the afternoon the snow really softened up. It felt sooo good to be sliding down the slopes again!

The only downside is that my right boot was giving me some trouble. I thought I had the problem fixed at the end of last season, but the pain in my arch came back and it really limited my ability to ski aggressively and as well as I wanted. it was PAINfull. I still suffered through, because we drove 4 hours and paid 48 dollars to be there.

I am hoping that after I re-break in my boots that everything will be feeling good soon. I really don't want to have to buy new boots.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied on Sunday at Boyne Mt.
It was like I was reconnected to a significant part of ME!!
Dare I say it?...........it was Orgasmic!!!

Whooooooo Baby, I needed that!!

SkiPAGal

Diva in Training
Great Start at Park City

My family and I did our first west coast trip this year to Park City, just got home yesterday. While it was all man-made snow and only one run for the first 3 days and 2 runs the last day, it was still fantastic to be on the lifts, enjoying the cold and finally skiing. I heard a huge snow storm was hitting the day after we flew out. Fortunately we plan to head back in February. Now I'm doing a cold air/snow dance back east. Can't wait to get back out there!

I'll be trying out my second pair of new Dalbello's (the first pair did not work out well and had to be returned).

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bliss. Pure bliss. Had my first runs in almost 2 years less than 12 hrs ago at Mohawk Mountain (CT-opening day!) and I'm still smiling. :D It took a little bit to get my ski legs back. I was on new skis that were 14cm longer than my old pair (and no, I didn't use the Maries this time), I've had 2 babies since my last real season, and I'm not in the same shape I used to be. Still, after warming up on the bunny hill for a bit, I refused to psyche myself out and I made my way to the only other trail open today...an intermediate that, in the past, took me a long time to get the guts to get down. I went all in, sped down the sucker, and while I fell each time I made that run, they were only stupid falls (losing my balance while stopping on the sides... d'oh!). I laughed my way through each one. Yup, it was 20 some-odd degrees, windy as heck, but I was eternally happy. I can't wait for my next time out!

I'm glad I have new equipment though. My old skis were too short and chattered at higher speeds (which still weren't all that fast). The Dynastar Novas are much more stable, even if they're not the greatest ski. Then again it could just be that the longer length suits me better.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Severine, I can almost hear you yelling
Whooooo Hoooooo! through your post
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went to Breck over thanksgiving. Crowded, but the snow was OK except for one run where they had lots of ice. I have lost a lot of weight and am in better shape this year so I was amazed at how easy the blue's are for me this year... I'll be on the double diamonds in no time. Here you go:

l_8d4a80ad0836ccf9662acbb141e01ca4.jpg

l_83fe4d80b24918dd5d213e013091cc90.jpg

They've since gotten almost 2 feet of snow and I'm going again tomorrow so I'll post more pix.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowhot, what was open at Boyne? Haven't been out yet this year.
When I was there last Sunday they had the 6 pack open and the Chair directly to the left. The runs between the two were open. enough to keep a silly grin on my face for 6 hrs!:D

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My first runs were at Mt. Brighton on Thursday evening at a clinic with Mark Rudy! The snow was really fast. My first to runs felt so wierd though that I actually looked down at my feet to see if I had my boots on the wrong feet! :}. After that I felt pretty good except for the area on my boot that was digging into my surgical site on my ankle from last seasons hot spot that did me in. Went first thing Friday morning to have the boots fixed. Skied Friday night at Alpine Valley and felt GREAT. Man it's good to be back on the hill! :D.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Four days so far this season! But not full days, taking it slow. Limited terrain is open due to early season conditions, which is fine with me, as I toughen up my quads.

My new Sweet Fat Thangs were fabuloso, especially off the groomers.

We've only just begun---pray for snow everywhere.

IttyBittyBetty

Certified Ski Diva
Two Days so Far and Feeling Great!

I've been out two days at Copper and it feels great to be making turns again. Last year, which was my second year on teles, my first day out was awful! I felt gorky and the bottoms of my feet, unaccustomed to all those little muscles being used, cramped up in horrible pain. This year, I don't know what I did different, but I felt MUCH better. The tele stance came back natural and smooth, not gorky and awkward, and my feet only hurt a tad. Today in particular was great - sunny and no crowds!

Quads burned more than I'd like, and my speed was about 50-60% of how fast I usually ski, but the wind and cold didn't really bother me much, and my body remembered how to ski as if no time had passed since last season. Some of my bad habits persist (letting my hand drop back, turning the upper body more than I should) but I really had fun and if these great conditions continue, it's gonna be an amazing season!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All warmed up for ESA?

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm embarrassed to say....

I arrived for my first day of skiing last Tuesday and when I warmed up on a green found that my left boot was giving me a bit of grief.

When we moseyed on over to the blue run we stopped at the picnic table as we waited for my friends Prima Donna boyfriend to return from getting his Chapstick and I loosened my left boot.

Do I need to tell you that when we took off down the hill, I forgot to retighten my boot. It wasn’t pretty, but I’m thankful it was a blue run!
:doh:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I sliced my finger on my edges while putting my skis into the car this afternoon.

Other than that, it wound up being a nice day for opening day at Whitetail. It was raining as I left DC, and I was convinced I'd be skiing in the rain, but the sun did emerge, it got toasty, and we pretended to be in a level 1 ski class for much of the day. Conditions got slushier as the day progressed. Hey, I was skiing.

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have about 5-6 full days this year now... today I was at Keystone and it was DUMPING. DUMPING.

I'm so glad I live in Colorado :love:

Jilly

Staff member
Today was day 8 for this year. 5 days in a row leaves the legs a little tired today. They have a charity race on today-tonight here at Tremblant. So the skiing wasn't great after lunch. Crowds etc. Concerts tonight in the village so we're off to that soon. A little snow tomorrow after our big dump on Monday to freshen things up!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Augh. I woke up half an hour ago to head up for the final day of the instructor training course, but I've decided to call it: it's raining here, and freezing rain at the hill, with little chance of that improving as the day progresses. Oh, and that I had decided I wouldn't pursue the ski instructor thing until I lived either closer to a ski hill or someplace that was at least consistently cold.

The idea of driving 1:45, possibly in freezing rain, to ski in freezing rain sounds.....appealing. :( So there it is. 1 ski day to the season so far; the next will likely be over the x-mas holidays. I'm such a lame diva. Or a true diva.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga