• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowmass or back to Park City Mountain Resort?

apsara

Diva in Training
Hello everyone,

I like easy cruising on blues, I like fast lifts that are not too high up, have been to Park City many times. I think of going to Snowmass for a change - the only thing, it's a bit further, and accommodation is more expensive, unless staying in Carbondale.

Can go according to weather / conditions, but only for two full skiing days.

Thanks
Apsara

RuthB

Angel Diva
snowmass is lovely at the moment, and there is lots of easy blue cruising to be had, often with no one else on them. We haven't really encountered any lift queues over the last couple of weeks, and pretty much all the blue terrain is accessible by high speed quads, a six pack or gondola.

apsara

Diva in Training
Thanks for your input, yes I think it's going to be Snowmass. Sometime in the next three weeks.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As much as I'd advocate for my resort, Park City Mt. Resort, I'll say go to Snowmass. Get out and try some more areas. Unless, of course, the price point is too high. Then, come on back and visit us!!:thumbsup:

apsara

Diva in Training
Slidergirl, I liked PCMR more than Deer Valley, had a season pass there once. However, I got tired of certain elitist, snobby attitudes in PC. I don't mean the staff, nor the mountain itself.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowmass has some incredible terrain and a convenient free bus that takes you to Aspen Mountain and Highlands daily, if you want to mix it up a bit.
You will really like Snowmass!

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Slidergirl, I liked PCMR more than Deer Valley, had a season pass there once. However, I got tired of certain elitist, snobby attitudes in PC. I don't mean the staff, nor the mountain itself.

Don't worry - I know what you mean. My ex and I used to belong to the country club in town. I hated the attitude of the other members. We joined because the golf course was our back yard, so we figured we would like to be able to use it. The people there were incredibly snobby. We never felt like we fit in at any of the events. We noticed that the staff treated us differently than the others - maybe it was because we didn't have that air of "entitlement" that the others did. Now that I'm divorced and have lost that extra income that made some of the "finer" things available, I just don't care about those snobs anymore. I like hanging out with the common folk :wink:

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied Deer Valley on my last trip and was shocked when I saw the new St Regis. I just can't imagine spending that kind of money on a room. You could get a season lift ticket for the price of one night. One of the ladies had a Bloody Mary there while waiting for us to get off the mountain - $20.

I like skiing Bald mtn runs but it can get crazy at the base.

Slidergirl - next year we will do PCMR and the Canyons - if you are still working there we will give you a shout out.

apsara

Diva in Training
I skied Deer Valley on my last trip and was shocked when I saw the new St Regis.

Spent part of one summer in Deer Valley, loved walking the trails, until the construction for the St Regis started, which destroyed a lot of the trails, and the new mansions on Deer Crest did the rest. Since they opened the St Regis, the Waldorf and the Montage opened also, plus countless new hills shaved off for more mega mansions with ten fireplaces, that are empty most of the time. I felt very sad for what happened to the great natural setting of these hills - some people have more money than class. Which is why want to go elsewhere to ski, although PCMR is so accessible.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree with trying Snowmass just on the fact that it's always fun to try something new. :smile: Snowmass is a GREAT mountain!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last time I skied Deer Valley (Buck Valley as we used to call it), I noted that the outfits were quite chi chi (furs, satin), but the equipment in the line was mostly horrid generic twin tip rental skis-----quite a contrast from Brighton and Alta, where the duds are not sylish, even duct taped and often drab---but the skis are high performance cutting edge. Just an idle observation.

Christy

Angel Diva
I had the funny experience of seeing people at Deer Valley that looked SO pro--just decked out in all the best gear--then overhearing their conversations and figuring out they were skiing either very little or not at all. :laugh: But I loved the resort in general.

The free bus service from Aspen (town) to Snowmass is very good, so if there is nothing affordable at Snowmass...well, it's not like Aspen is that affordable either. But know you have that option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna