• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow East Magazine

Snowsong

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got my first issue of Snow East Magazine this past week. While I liked the magazine overall, there is one column that really rubbed me the wrong way. It's called "Ask Patty Planker." "Patty" is supposed to have good advice for today's ski lorn ladies..."a girl's best friend." I'm hoping it is just a really bad joke. The questions sound contrived, and I can't imagine any woman really wrote them. :confused:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't get this rag, is there a link to their online material or can you repost an example of the questions/responses?

K.

Snowsong

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The column is not on the website because it is on the same pages as this year's gear reviews. Too many pages to scan into my computer, but here are some example questions.

"Dear Ms. Plank, should I buy a helmet that matches my coat or my skis? Do you worry about helmet hair? Am I a bad girl if I enjoy looking like a snow bunny and then beat all the boys down the trail? by Fast, Fantastic, and Furious."

Or "Dear Patty, I don't know if I should dump my skis. They are too heavy, stiff and inflexible. They're not real good-looking, but they are reliable. I don't know if I really can do better. by A Reliable Girl."

Or "Dear Patty, When I was young and frivolous I did every crazy thing. Now I have teenagers and a happy family. But my skis hate to turn! They used to be so edgy but now...? What changed? by Older and Better."

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you kidding me? Are they being serious? If not they're doing a disservice to their audience. I certainly wouldn't pay for that magazine.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
And it can be yours for the bargain price of 4 issues for $11!! (Yet another great eastern bargain!) (Almost as good as the Stowe or Killington season pass!)

As to "Patty" and her readers......
Not sure who got "planked" harder....

Total insult to the eastern skier.....
Two thumbs down.
Way down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga