• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow Cross skis for kids

Brit Ski Mum

Diva in Training
Hi,

My 10 yr old is starting his 4th year of weekly lessons (5th year on snow). Last year he did snowcross at Callabogie and is doing the same this year. I have always had him in entry level skis and boots (they are the cheapest and I didn’t know the difference between skis). I need to get him new skis and boots this year. My question is, would you stay with the entry level, or would you buy something more like a race ski. If it helps he can do double blacks parallel for the last 2 years. From what I am told (I dont really ski so I never see him on the hill) he is a good skier, but not overly aggressive.
Thanks in advance

Jilly

Staff member
Talked to my local guy this morning. He would recommend a twin tip too. But mount the bindings, for all mountain, not for park (aka not at the centre of the ski). Something with a slalom cut as you need to weave around other skiers at speed. I don't know enough about TT's except at the high level as my friends kid is on the NexGen Canadian team. But all manufacturer's make them.

Batawa Ski Swap - November 1-3
Ottawa Snow Show and Swap - THIS WEEKEND...EY centre.
Calabogie Swap - soon too. Usually the 2nd weekend, but haven't seen anything on their FB page.

Brit Ski Mum

Diva in Training
Thanks for the info.

I was going to go to the Ottawa show this weekend, but I need a really good boot fitter as he has difficult feet, but Erik is not there this year.

Jilly

Staff member
Might be worth using Kunstandt then. My fitter might still be in Gatineau. He usually doesn't leave for Whistler till November. He doesn't sell boots, so you would need to see him first to determine what he needs. And he might be kicking around the show.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna