• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow bunny?

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The phrase doesn't bother me, because I know I'm not one...but the next time you see that person, or hear it again, make sure you blow right by him on the slopes! hehe

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't imagine being offended by "snow bunny" or "ski like a girl" no matter how it's said. :noidea:

If you know you can ski, why would someone else's ignorance or bad attitude bother you? And personally, I'm damn proud to ski like a girl cuz I am one last time I checked. :p

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The image in my mind is also the glammed-up, trolling-for-men type.

I once saw a snowboarder in line at the lodge...she had the perfectly coordinated black-and-red snowboarding pants and jacket, matching gloves, coordinated boots, coordinated (maybe even color-customized) helmet. She took off the jacket - color-coordinated t-neck. Took off the helmet - she'd dyed her HAIR black and red to match. We were taking bets at our table as to what her underwear looked like.

Of course, the burning question was: BUT CAN SHE SNOWBOARD?

I don't really have the type of skinny-mini body that would be called a "ski bunny" so I probably have nothing to worry about, LOL.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The image in my mind is also the glammed-up, trolling-for-men type.

I once saw a snowboarder in line at the lodge...she had the perfectly coordinated black-and-red snowboarding pants and jacket, matching gloves, coordinated boots, coordinated (maybe even color-customized) helmet. She took off the jacket - color-coordinated t-neck. Took off the helmet - she'd dyed her HAIR black and red to match. We were taking bets at our table as to what her underwear looked like.

Of course, the burning question was: BUT CAN SHE SNOWBOARD?

:smile: That's impressive.

Someone who used to be a very close gal pal wore a snug Spyder slalom-style jacket over a (necessarily) thin sweater the only time I ever went skiing with her. The jacket was a very flattering cut and since Spyder is a ski brand, I can see how she probably thought it was an approrpiate garment to wear for recreational snowboarding, given her limited experience in snowsports, her limited technical wear wardrobe, and her passive boyfriend (aka, he wasn't going to inform her about layering more appropriately; yes, he was there with us that day).

As it turned out, the weather conditions were cold and VERY windy that day - I could come to a dead stop by standing up and sticking out my arms. No way would I have gone to the slopes that day if I didn't have a comp voucher. As for the former friend, she didn't come outside of the lodge to go snowboard until an hour before we left.

Jenn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've gotta say I find there are more women than men who use the term "like a girl" or "girly-girl"! It annoys me to no end that women can't be who they want to be without someone judging us based on our ability or choice of music, clothes, movies... Why the pre-judging and name calling anyway?

Backhanded "cute" put-downs drive me craaaaaaazy.

Jilly

Staff member
"girly-girl"!

That's the one that got me last year. Thanks KP! "come on girly-girl"!

I have the Ski Diva sticker on my helmet. I was taking the level 3 CSIA instructors training and the coach noticed the sticker. He kinda of laughed, but caught me on the lift and asked about it. Nothing like standing in the middle of a mogul field (Expo at Tremblant) and someone laughing about your sticker!

I have the "snow bunny" title under my screen name at Tremblant-insider. It was on purpose. My response anytime to snow bunny or ski bunny is "see you at the top of Expo, Windigo or La Griffe!"

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't imagine being offended by "snow bunny" or "ski like a girl" no matter how it's said. :noidea:

If you know you can ski, why would someone else's ignorance or bad attitude bother you? And personally, I'm damn proud to ski like a girl cuz I am one last time I checked. :p

Totally agree! I always feel like these dopey comments reflect more on the idiot that said it than me.

If you are confident in who you are/what you do, why bother caring about stupid comments.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I "Ski Like A Girl" and I'm proud of that!!! One of my x-boyfriends still has "Ski Like A Girl" on his helmet and when someone gives him a hard time he tells them about a girl he dated that could out ski anyone male or female!

As for the "Ski Bunny" makes no difference to me - I can ski!

:becky:

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't really have the type of skinny-mini body that would be called a "ski bunny" so I probably have nothing to worry about, LOL.

This has caused me to reconsider:

1) Bunnies are short.
2) Bunnies are smaller up front.
3) Bunnies are bigger in the back end ... and bunnies even pack some extra padding back there.

Yikes! :eek: I AM a bunny!

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually just smile and correct people. "Nooooo, not a Ski Bunny....it's Rippin' Chick to you" ;) This usually leads to a conversation about the difference. lol Or my perception of the difference anyway.

Seattle Gal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yikes!

So I'm new to skiing, but took advantage of a friends pro discount and got some fantastic new gear...hope I dont look like a "snow bunny" when I start lessons. Maybe I'll make sure my outfit isnt too matchy, matchy, and for sure no makeup! :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes!

So I'm new to skiing, but took advantage of a friends pro discount and got some fantastic new gear...hope I dont look like a "snow bunny" when I start lessons. Maybe I'll make sure my outfit isnt too matchy, matchy, and for sure no makeup! :smile:

Why for sure no makeup? You're entitled to dress however you want. Make sure you're comfortable and have a good time; that's what's really important. :smile:

SconieSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Why for sure no makeup? You're entitled to dress however you want. Make sure you're comfortable and have a good time; that's what's really important. :smile:

I'd have to agree with that. I think it has more to do with your attitude than what you're wearing. I'm a jacket slut and I wear make-up because I would scare everyone away with my under eye circles! As long as you are there to ski, sitting in the bar is for when the lifts are closed. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga