• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Smith goggles - is Chromapop worth it?

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking at new goggles and trying to work out whether to get the standard lenses or fork out for the fancy new technology. Smith seems to be one of the better options on price around here.

Has anyone tried both the regular Smith goggles and the expensive ones with Chromapop? Most of the time we're skiing in low light - currently have some old goggles that have a yellow lense which is pretty good except in very flat light, so if I can improve on those that'd be great.

Also, wondering if the anti-fog in new goggles is better than it used to be? And do the expensive ones fog up less?

Thanks!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I'll throw a dissenting opinion into this. I read on another forum that, in terms of Chromapop in low light, the existing Smith Blue Sensor Mirror lens is still superior (at least to some). Guess it depends on one's eyes? I've had this experience with the Oakley upgraded Prizm. Rose Prizm is fine in partly cloudy, high-light, even sunny conditions. But once it's cloudy or low light...nope. Too dark. I do better with High Intensity Yellow or High Intensity Persimmon in low light. YMMV.

skibetty

Certified Ski Diva
I have not used the Chromapop lens but I have the Red Sol x-mirror for sunny days and the Blue Sensor Mirror for low light. When I purchased the goggles both lenses were included. I am happy with how the blue sensors perform. Much better than the rose ones that I had.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I'll throw a dissenting opinion into this. I read on another forum that, in terms of Chromapop in low light, the existing Smith Blue Sensor Mirror lens is still superior (at least to some). Guess it depends on one's eyes? I've had this experience with the Oakley upgraded Prizm. Rose Prizm is fine in partly cloudy, high-light, even sunny conditions. But once it's cloudy or low light...nope. Too dark. I do better with High Intensity Yellow or High Intensity Persimmon in low light. YMMV.

Not a dissenting opinion :smile: In my review, I was pretty emphatic that the chromapop storm is not worth the money. i love my blue sensor mirror. however, i was blown away by the chromapop everyday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna