• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Smith Anthem Regulator Spherical Series Goggles

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A little over a month ago I snatched a pair of Smith Anthem Regulator Spherical Series Goggles up on SAC(Steep and Cheap.
The Goggles I picked up had the Gold Sensor lens' in the Filthy Rich design and colour.
I have to say, these are the sharpest looking goggles I've ever owned.
The lens is the best "flat light" lens I've ever experienced. The distinction of terrain changes and obstacles(opportunities) were/are much clearer with these goggles.
Add to that, the shape which allows for peripheral vision and you have a really nice pair of goggles.

The only trouble I found with these is that they didn't fit my Giro Fuse helmet in a size Medium well enough to keep the air and moisture out.
My little sister has a small Giro Fuse helmet so I tried them on with her helmet, which is a much better fit.

I would highly recommend these goggles for a small framed face, as long as it fits your helmet.
GSNFR.jpg

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought the same goggles (diff color) and they are a really small goggle, definately great for smaller faces! I find also they 'fit' with my Giro G9 helmet, but they look kinda silly when you put them up oer your helmet for a min as they are so small!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love mine! They're a few years old now, and have the RC36 lens. I'm shopping for a pair with the sensor mirror lens today, cuz we seem to be having a LOT of flat light this season, and I've always disliked THAT about them. The RC36 is better for bright days.

Something I really appreciate -- the little "fog vents" at the top of the lens, let's more breeze blow through close to the lens to keep fog away. What COULD happen with extra air inside is that my contacts COULD dry out, but I haven't run into that issue when I open those up. (I carry eye drops in my "chapstick pocket" for just in case. Never need to use them)

Mine are boring black frames, so I'm thinking that the second pair oughta be something a bit more fun! (or maybe the plain black so DH doesn't notice I've got still MORE new gear this season?)

Kano

Helen Ls

Diva in Training
I also bought these goggles last year in a fit of desperation on the hill in Lake louise they fit perfectly with my helmet and dont seem small maybe I have the mens ones they have a houndstooth pattern on the strap and gave amazing visibility in the flat light ...

My helmet is also a smith one and 58cm so not small !!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alright, I'm having some issues with my goggles. I have the Smith Anthems and love the fit on my face and they seem to work well with my helmet. Except that I have problems with fogging. Mostly when coaching so I'm standing around more. I tried a new pair that has the bit of Gore-Tex in the lens to help air flow but it's still doing it. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to buy more goggles but will if I have to. :(

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alright, I'm having some issues with my goggles. I have the Smith Anthems and love the fit on my face and they seem to work well with my helmet. Except that I have problems with fogging. Mostly when coaching so I'm standing around more. I tried a new pair that has the bit of Gore-Tex in the lens to help air flow but it's still doing it. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to buy more goggles but will if I have to. :(
I was just compiling info for the goggles I got to replace the anthems.
When I was at Stowe, I had issues with moisture collecting in them which was causing them to fog and/or freeze up. I was told by someone far smarter than I am, that it was because the goggles didn't fit my helmet and it was allowing moisture to collect.
I used antifog cloth as well as general lens cleaner, but it didn't help.

Out of frustration I went to the ski shop at stowe and tried on some other goggles. I ended up getting the turbo fan goggles, at my husbands urgency, but in the process of trying many on, I realized just how ill the fit of the anthems to my helmet really was.

I love(d) the anthems and really regret that they don't fit with my helmet size/style.

More to come in a future review of the Turbo Fan Goggles.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Robyn, I have some fog sometimes, mostly like in your situation, when I'm still. My solution is this -- get my gaiter away from the bottom edge of the goggles! I don't know if it's funneling my breath up into the goggles, or if it's blocking the vents, but getting the gaiter away fixes the problem when I have fog!

Kano

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Robyn, I have some fog sometimes, mostly like in your situation, when I'm still. My solution is this -- get my gaiter away from the bottom edge of the goggles! I don't know if it's funneling my breath up into the goggles, or if it's blocking the vents, but getting the gaiter away fixes the problem when I have fog!

Kano

I do the exact same thing!!!

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the same ones and love them. I am looking for replacement lens so that I can wear them when it's super sunny out. Gotta love SAC!:wink:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do the exact same thing!!!

Me too, I have had mine for a couple of years now and certainly when I zip up tight and breath they fog, but they don't stay fogged up. I assume you know not to pick the white dot off? I am just saying this because I heard a girl in a ski shop tell this to someone and she said also that alot of people pick it off and then return the goggles because they are fogging. Just sayin'

NannyMin

Banned
I was just compiling info for the goggles I got to replace the anthems.
When I was at Stowe, I had issues with moisture collecting in them which was causing them to fog and/or freeze up. I was told by someone far smarter than I am, that it was because the goggles didn't fit my helmet and it was allowing moisture to collect.
I used antifog cloth as well as general lens cleaner, but it didn't help.

Out of frustration I went to the ski shop at stowe and tried on some other goggles. I ended up getting the turbo fan goggles, at my husbands urgency, but in the process of trying many on, I realized just how ill the fit of the anthems to my helmet really was.

I love(d) the anthems and really regret that they don't fit with my helmet size/style.

More to come in a future review of the Turbo Fan Goggles.

Aha! Thanks for this info it is very helpful. As you know I had some major problems with my goggles icing up in Stowe that same weekend. I shall have to check out the fit.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, I know not to pick the white dot off. Darn it, I guess maybe I'll have to start thinking about new goggles. But seeing as how my day became very expensive today I guess that'll have to wait awhile. I rarely wear a gaitor except when it super cold and never up over my nose while skiing so that I don't breathe into the goggles.

I have 2 pr. of Smith Anthem goggles, a blue sensor lens for flat light and a platinum lens for bluebird days (none so far this season). Both pair fit perfectly with my Giro Fuse size M helmet and I've never had any fogging or other troubles, in Stowe or elsewhere.... I love these goggles.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of Smith Anthem goggles. I dislike goggles, but found the Anthems to be the least obtrusive of the various goggles I've tried. They work with my helmet (Salomon Fury) as well. I am, however, very interested in checking out the "Asian fit" goggles that Pequenita mentioned in another thread, but haven't seen any in a store to try on.

I figure at least part of my disdain towards goggles is based on my obtrusive nose which I see a bit of when I look straight ahead when not wearing goggles or glasses or anything. Wouldn't it be nice if Beyond Clothing or some other custom gear company made custom goggles that were designed to work with each individual's periphery?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aha! Thanks for this info it is very helpful. As you know I had some major problems with my goggles icing up in Stowe that same weekend. I shall have to check out the fit.
I went into the lodge to get goggles, during which time my husband called me to see how I was doing. He urged me to look into the turbo fan goggles.
Pricey, but worth every penny. I never had an issue with visibility again.
I got busy yesterday but plan on finishing my review on theme and getting it posted today.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga