• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skis of the Future - 2017 (Part 1) - Head/Blizzard/Armada/Fischer

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My coworker wants me to come with him to Kickers demo day on Friday. I'm torn. I feel like the more skis I ride, the more experience inget....like trying different types of horses! But I don't need to add anything else to my want list.
I'd go, just to check it out. Kickers is a new ski line, and had good reviews here from @Olesya Chornoguz , and on Pugski too. Sounds interesting.

Well...when you find something, I trust you'll give us a thorough review!

I will, already have a couple serious contenders so stay tuned.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's like test driving cars. Not looking to buy, just enjoy.

This must highlight some basic personality difference. I would *never* do that unless I had pretty much already decided to buy a car and was refining my choice. Just sitting in a new car was dangerous enough.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a demo day coming up in a couple weeks. I love my current skis so much, I am asking myself, "why demo?" Unless we have a bunch of powder that day, in which case, I'll demo powder skis (as will every other person out there, I'm sure!) But I sit here and think, gosh, it'd be a waste of a day to go out on a bunch of skis where I might only like half of them, so why bother since I'm so tickled with the ones I have?
That being said, if someone is on the hunt for a new ski, demoing is the way to go!

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think
This must highlight some basic personality difference. I would *never* do that unless I had pretty much already decided to buy a car and was refining my choice. Just sitting in a new car was dangerous enough.

I think that's pretty much how I am. If I fall for a pair, I will want them, no matter how much I love what I already have (and I LOVE my fischers)

That said...I really haven't skied thay many pairs of skis, so I feel like it's also offering more experience.

Given that, I'm going to the Kicker demo day in the morning.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
We have a demo day coming up in a couple weeks. I love my current skis so much, I am asking myself, "why demo?" Unless we have a bunch of powder that day, in which case, I'll demo powder skis (as will every other person out there, I'm sure!) But I sit here and think, gosh, it'd be a waste of a day to go out on a bunch of skis where I might only like half of them, so why bother since I'm so tickled with the ones I have?
That being said, if someone is on the hunt for a new ski, demoing is the way to go!
If it's powder, you will take out your Savory 7's remember? Unless there is a Nordica Santa Ana to demo.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If it's powder, you will take out your Savory 7's remember? Unless there is a Nordica Santa Ana to demo.
Shhhhh...OK, yes, I need to see if I can get along with them. I did try them in a 162 a few weeks ago and hated them in that length. Honestly, maybe I need to take my own advice and get a good tune on mine. Factory tunes can be pretty unreliable, if that's the right adjective for it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Shhhhh...OK, yes, I need to see if I can get along with them. I did try them in a 162 a few weeks ago and hated them in that length. Honestly, maybe I need to take my own advice and get a good tune on mine. Factory tunes can be pretty unreliable, if that's the right adjective for it.
You know I've had my Saffron 7's tuned and really helps

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna