• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing in The U.S

T

Certified Ski Diva
My Fiance and I are thinking about doing a ski trip for about 5 days, including a weekend in the United Sates. Any recommendations as to where? We are looking for great skiing, and great food and wine. My Fiance has skied most ski areas in California (he grew up racing in Squaw Valley), Utah,Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and Idaho. I have never skied in the States. Looking for a place that is maybe different for him. What about skiing in the East?

Christy

Angel Diva
If great food and wine are a priority, that will help narrow your choices down considerably. :smile: I'd pick Aspen. But it sounds like he's skied all the destination resorts in the West so I'm not sure that will be different for him. I don't know anything about eastern resorts but I'm sure someone will.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
East=pretty long haul from your location. And you might well be disappointed, when there is SO much in the western U.S.

What kind of ski experience are you looking for? Major steeps/gnarly Jackson), "resort" experience (Vail), see-and-be-seen (Aspen), all about the skiing (Big Sky)?

Budget: tight, moderate, unlimited? None of the above is cheap.
Access: quick? Or are you willing to travel a bit out of the way? (Jackson/Big Sky)

Big city access okay, or would you rather be way out there?

Sorry for all the questions, but there will be more and better input when you've alluded to more specific details in your "wish list."

Overall, though, in your shoes, I'd stay west. Getting there will be MUCH easier for you, also (and cheaper).

(No offense to the east, which is obviously where I am, and it can be great, but I already live here)

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're set on east, I know you said US but have you thought about the Quebec City area mountains? That area certainly is different, has great food and wine and the mountains are fun (although not as huge as you'll get out west). I personally loved Le Massif, that place was a skier's mountain if I've ever seen one! Plus QC is super duper romantic.

But it can be quite nippy up there...

T

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks Ladies! I have some thinking to do, as well as research. I am liking Big Sky and possibly Sun Valley. For now its Alberta Skiing....except for Sunshine as we have boycotted it:mad2:

T

Certified Ski Diva
I will one day ski Quebec....I hear that it is very romantic

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Quebec can also be cold, so I wouldn't recommend coming in January! March can be fabulous. (Mind you, March can be fabulous anywhere!)

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two possibilities come to mind. First, if you want romance with skiing thrown in, maybe head to a big city with skiing accessible. Seattle comes to mind with Stevens and Crystal accessible from there. But those aren't resort mountains so skiing wouldn't be the primary focus there...

Or, if it's skiing you want with romance thrown in, then isn't there skiing in Taos? The southwest sounds like it could be romantic...

Personally I don't think of skiing and romance in the same thought... LOL... But if I did, Aspen or someplace in Europe would come to mind...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna