• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing bumps

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, I'm just "bumping" the thread title because every time I open the forums, the "Skiing in fresh powder" thread title is sitting there on top, and it's making me really antsy and irritated. Come back Ullr!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hahaha, Pinto you crack me up! But I agree, no way I'm going up this weekend and likely not next. But I've got a clinic the 21st so I hope we get some more snow before then.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm contemplating going up on Sunday, but I just can't decide if it's worth it to spend that much time in the car for potentially crappy and crowded conditions...

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I'd just like the option to "drive up" for early season conditions! :rolleyes: It's cold enough right now, but apparently too warm by day. :frusty: Since this thread is about "bumps", let me (gently :wink:) bump those of you who are grumbling about your early season conditions! At least you have them! :jealous:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, yes, we are lucky but some of us uprooted our lives to make it happen. I moved here 4.5 years ago to have it.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love this thread!
To have something somewhat on topic with the title.......
Point 'em down the fall line and hold on!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where did you come from, Robyn? I'm a Long Island, NY native of Illinois parentage...
I was in northern Virginia and before that southern New Mexico. I am fortunate that this is my home state and I do have family here but I moved for the lifestyle here (skiing, camping etc) and the family was a bonus.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today has been ho hum and I needed to revisit the possibility of BUMPs!

How about this for giggles!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jPrpNVHc8Bs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jPrpNVHc8Bs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
:drool:

Jenn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks good to me! Any suggestions for dimensions for a bump ski?
(I'm 5'4'' and about 150 lbs.)

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I'm 5'7 and about 140 lbs and my Lady Hart Twintips are 167 and OHSOFUN in the bumps!

Coralie

Certified Ski Diva
How does he even see the bumps? It's all covered in powder. I recon he's gone down the slope so many times before taking the video that he could go down with his eyes closed. :p

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmmm....

I was searching You Tube the other night, looking for ski exercise type videos when I happened across a collection from Bumps For Boomers

The exercise videos were cool, but the clinics they offer (and their method) intrigue me.

Anyone have any input?

Karen in Boise

evaino

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How does he even see the bumps? It's all covered in powder.

Ah powder in the bumps! As an eastern skier, this is a mythical thing for me. I remember my first day skiing as an instructor at Silver Star in BC. I got a tour of the mountain from one of the other instructors and when we got to a bump run he said that "I like to ski the snow between the bumps". I was confused. Where I come from, there's ice between bumps - not snow!

Really just wanted to bump this thread to say - ice or snow, I love bumps! :smile:

Elsbeth

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was searching You Tube the other night, looking for ski exercise type videos when I happened across a collection from Bumps For Boomers

The exercise videos were cool, but the clinics they offer (and their method) intrigue me.

Anyone have any input?

Karen in Boise

Found this website last week. Haven't done the clinics but their philosopy very much follows one of my ski intructors thoughts on skiing all mountain conditions.

I'm not taking lessons this year so I'm using the website as my ski manual, to help me review and work on skills I learned in my lessons.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga