• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing 3.5-4 months pregnant?

Inessa

Diva in Training
I have booked an awesome 2 week ski vacation for my family. A luxury slopeside house in Canada, lift tickests. It is kind of refundable at this point, but I was really looking forward to the trip, and my 5 year old was just starting to learn to ski.

I just found out that I will be 3.5-4 month pregnant at the time of the trip.
Would you recommend cancelling it? Or can I go and have fun?
I am not talking about heli skiing off some Alaskan peak, I'm talking about blue/green trails at Mont Tremblant for few hours a day. I will stay off any expert trails to minimize my risks.

What would you recommend? Do I keep the trip or get refund until it is too late? Does anyone have experience doing this?

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing part is up to you; a friend did PDG when she was 3 month pregnant, so if you are confident in your skiing, I think you can manage.

Jilly

Staff member
There is a lot more to do at Tremblant than ski too! My only fear would be the same not pregnant, being hit by someone.

As a Tremblant skier, I would advise NOT to ski on the weekend. Stick to the weekdays.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
There is a lot more to do at Tremblant than ski too! My only fear would be the same not pregnant, being hit by someone.

As a Tremblant skier, I would advise NOT to ski on the weekend. Stick to the weekdays.

Especially on the green runs. When it's crowded I avoid them like the plague.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its really going to depend on how you particularly are feeling at that time during your pregnancy, really. But at the very least if you go on the trip, perhaps it will give you some time to hang out at the house and relax and not have to take care of the 5yo (who ideally would be in some lessons to give you a break from momming) for a little while....

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How you feel is the primary thing. Also note that the hormone relaxin kicks in during pregnancy. This hormone makes joints more lax, and it is also present during a woman's cycle. The short story is, if you already have loose ligaments, they're going to be even more loose when pregnant (think: knee injuries).

mustski

Angel Diva
I know that I chimed in on the other threads ... truthfully, it's really a pretty personal decision. Some women ski and some wouldn't even consider it. I wouldn't cancel the trip. Either way, the family can have a fun vacation. You may prefer to take a backseat to the action and let dad be the ski god. Then again, as @Kimmyt said ... view it as a relax and enjoy quiet time opportunity.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
The thing about being pregnant is that your body will tell you whether you should be doing something or not. I skied greens and blues at 4 months.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga