• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiers Edge? Classic?

Advisorr

Diva in Training
HI I am looking at buying the skiers edge classic with the all mountain platform (swinging footbeds). I have a bad hip and skiing has made an incredible difference at rehabing it!!!!! I want to keep working on it after the season. Do people think the Classic has enough resistance compared to their "bigger" models?
THANKS!

P.S. Thanks to all who replied to my quest for skis -- I got some Burnin Luvs this weekend -- to go with my Blue Suede Lange boots -- Now all I need is a White One-piece with a big gold buckle!!!

C

CMCM

I debated and debated, and then called someone at Skier's Edge Co. to ask which one to buy.....after all that I decided the Big Mountain would be better than the Classic because of the slightly higher angle, and the description made it sound more for skiers rather than just exercise...especially intermediate to advanced skiers. The resistance can be adjusted to whatever you want on any of the machines, so it's really the height of the two to look at. The Classic seemed more of an exercise thing, and I felt I might be dissatisfied with it after a time. I also noticed the SE machines for sale used tended to be the Classic, with people selling them to go for the Big Mountain, so that was another clue. The SE people said most skiers (who are not racers) go for the Big Mountain with the All Mountain platform. So that's the one I got.

Now after a year, I sort of regret not getting the RPM platform, which allows for adjustment of the foot platform to different widths apart, AND...allows for the addition of the slope simulator platform as well. The All Mountain platform is fixed width foot platforms, and you cannot add the slope simulator to it. I have realized after a year that I might like to change the platform width, AND....I kind of wish I had the slope simulator. Because of the expense of getting the RPM platform etc., I probably won't get those things, but they would have been nice.

At this time of year, end of ski season, you can often get some good deals from the company. Call them, talk to someone, see if any promos/sales are going on. Send for the literature....they include a little demo CD, and after you sign up that way, offers tend to come in via postcards.

When I got mine, I got a deal which included the Lifebeat feedback system, which I really like. It provides some interesting data, tracks how many turns you make, calculates the strength of each side (my right is weaker than my left...I think that explains why my left turn (where I'd have all my weight on my right leg) is my weak turn! You can read about what the Lifebeat does on the website.

All in all, I will say that I really do love the Skier's Edge....it's fabulous exercise and really targets those skier's muscles, AND....I think it helped me get the feeling of edging as well. It burns a ton of calories, too--great cardio exercise, really intense! Great to use during summer to get in shape for ski season .:clap:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna