• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Trips From The Bay Area???

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I go to Elite Feet @ Northstar. Darrell is the owner and been in the business for many years. He is the best boot fitter I have gone to. Got my intuition liners from him ( and yes, had to go back a few times to get them tweaked) but now are great!

Reactions: DRG

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New skis arrived this week (Blizzard Sheevas!) - needed an upgrade and couldn't pass up the 50% sale! I will definitely be using the shop recommendations for the rest of the gear on the new setup.

Also looked into the pass options . . . I am going to get an Epic Pass. It pays for itself with just 5-6 days of skiing and I know I will be splitting time between here and Colorado. Now if El Nino will just do what it is supposed to . . .

: )

Look forward to connecting with you ladies in the Bay Area!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good call on the Epic! It really is a good deal. I thought something in the $600 range was normal for season passes until I heard what the price of Whistler or Jackson passes are. <eeeek>

Any binding ideas for the Sheevas? I picked up a pair of Dakotas last month super cheap and I'm not sure what to do with them. At this point I'm not sure if they are too much ski for me or how often I will actually use them (hello el nino!), so I'm paralyzed by indecision.

Reactions: DRG

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DeweySki - I understand the feeling of indecision . . . good luck pushing through!

I don't know yet what bindings I will go with . . . but they (and the boots) will be an AT setup. I started doing my first side and backcountry trips last year with the boyfriend - and I am hooked!

I actually found the Epic Pass to be a great deal. Paid more than double the price for my pass at Telluride last season and it is only good at one place - no trade days anywhere! With all the options on the Epic, I am looking forward to making plans for trips!

When do you usually make your first trip to the Northern California resorts? Or completely dependent on snowfall?

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies, stopping in quickly in between assignments for seminary.

Yes, I'm in Berkeley through May. I'm probably going to buy the Sierra-at-Tahoe pass because as a student it's $299 and includes the Powder Alliance Resorts - I will ski Snowbasin at least once this year and that's in that list.

Would love to share rides, lodging, etc. Keep me informed!

novium

Certified Ski Diva
I'm excited to see there are so many other bay area skiers here. I just moved to the bay area, but all the ski groups I found are basically wedded to squaw and alpine, and...well, for me, the problem is that EVERYONE goes to squaw and alpine. Which is also the benefit, I suppose, in terms of finding people to ski with. But I used to live in Tahoe, so I'm spoiled. It's causing me a bit of angst when I consider where to buy a ski pass.

Zez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is our last Bay Area ski season before we go home to the UKnext summer. We ski at Sierra at Tahoe... Cheap passes and the terrain is enough for us as we are beginners. super super friendly. We managed 13 days lat year; about every other weekend which is a big ask of the kids. Also skied at Squaw and had great fun, but it was no where near as friendly.

My boots are from Helm in San Mateo and they were great. Husbands boots are from Tahoe sports ltd in south lake and they were so amazing when I had my boots adjusted and custom footbeds from there. I wanted a bootfitter close as I knew my bunions would be a problem!

Zez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year our first ski day was 5th dec. this year I'm praying for thanksgiving!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga