• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Ski pant advice from all our pant sluts!

mustski

Angel Diva
So I am short -5'2" and I have never been very curvy in the sense that there is little difference between my hips and waist . Most ski pants ride up when I sit down and are very uncomfortable on the lift. In regular pants, I like a low riding pant. They aren't low on me, but just right. By the time I buy ski pants to fit my waist comfortably, they are usually really large in the hip and the overall look is kind of meh.

Can anyone recommend a good ski pant that hangs on the hip bone instead of sitting on the waist?

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I am short -5'2" and I have never been very curvy in the sense that there is little difference between my hips and waist . Most ski pants ride up when I sit down and are very uncomfortable on the lift. In regular pants, I like a low riding pant. They aren't low on me, but just right. By the time I buy ski pants to fit my waist comfortably, they are usually really large in the hip and the overall look is kind of meh.

Can anyone recommend a good ski pant that hangs on the hip bone instead of sitting on the waist?
Patagonia, sorry don't know model, but both of mine sit on my hips.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Second the Patagonia advice. I tried the Snowbelle pant and it was more of a low rise fit. The Northface Freedom low rise could be another option.
I am the opposite--I cannot wear low rise pants at all, so I try to keep track of all the pants I tried and didn't like!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Try looking at snowboard pants with a slim fit. I have 2 pair of Roxy pants one a gortex shell and the other "creek" pant that is a soft shell that I wear a lot. They both ride more at the hip. Also look at volcom pants offered in a slim fit.

If you can find the columbia jump off pant in a short length that would also be a good option.

Northface also has optional lengths but not sure what style would fit your requirements...

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Descente Selene. They run small, but are hip hugging and just the right length. Also, I just got a pair of Spyder stretch pants in a size 2, tailored fit. The fit is perfect but they are a reg. length so a little long. Spyder does make a short length but the sale price was too good to give up.

Christy Sports clothing buyer told me that Obermeyer makes a variety of sizes and lengths. She thought that was a good brand for me to try.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Try the North Face Brigadine pant, they come in a short length, and they fit quite slim in the hips. I have a pair and the waist and legs fit perfectly, but the hips have no extra room...and personally I need the extra room...but sounds like they would work well for you.

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks everybody. I will start to look around. I have a couple of pairs of pants that work, but none that are ideal. I get frustrated putting on pants that are perfectly great for skiing but terrible for sitting in. My local resort is small so sitting is close to half my day.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Try Kjus in a short if you can find them on sale. They are a great fitting pant.
Also, I go to a tailor in SanFrancisco and he hems or takes in almost all my ski pants and does a beautiful job. Rather pricey but hems from the knee etc.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also Burton pants are low rise. I have two pairs for spring skiing. Sadly I did no skiing after injury in mid march.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Patagonia comes in short lengths. And bonus is a lot of the time, it's that length which is on sale :thumbsup:

Jilly

Staff member
Don't forget we have @geargrrl for fixes. She pointed me to a Canadian guy for a fix on pants. The next time I need alterations it goes to BC, not the local seamstress.

Pants can be shortened, but the waist, hip and knee need to fit.

mustski

Angel Diva
Patagonia comes in short lengths. And bonus is a lot of the time, it's that length which is on sale :thumbsup:
Really!! I'll have to look again. I've never seen Patagonia in short lengths.

Don't forget we have @geargrrl for fixes. She pointed me to a Canadian guy for a fix on pants. The next time I need alterations it goes to BC, not the local seamstress.

Pants can be shortened, but the waist, hip and knee need to fit.
True, but the cost outweighs the benefits. It's just too expensive. Last time I looked into having pants shortened, it would cost nearly as much as the pants. Of course, I do try to buy all my pants on sale.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll agree that you should check out snowboard pants. I like them to sit low and have liked Burton, 686 and Roxy pants. As a tall person I feel like Burton run short.

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks, ladies. These are all good suggestions. Now my plan, is to find time to try stuff on when I hit resorts big enough to have variety!

mustski

Angel Diva
Eek. That's a 32 inch inseam. That's actually normal for most companies. I need a 30". I did the research and Patagonia "short" is a 30" inseam. Now to find it. Looking...looking...looking. I want to try it on somewhere if possible and also NOT black. I can always find black, but I have black... I want something fun!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Eek. That's a 32 inch inseam. That's actually normal for most companies. I need a 30". I did the research and Patagonia "short" is a 30" inseam. Now to find it. Looking...looking...looking. I want to try it on somewhere if possible and also NOT black. I can always find black, but I have black... I want something fun!
Go to the Patagonia website and look at web specials. Also (you can call here) Santa Cruz has a Patagonia outlet and I literally buy all my Patagonia stuff on sale. If you can't find what you want on the website, call the Santa Cruz store and see if they can find it for you.... They are huge on customer service.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga