• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Ski near Sunapee NH? (and moving)

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Howdy Divas,

So it is like 90 degrees (F) in central/southern Europe now but I am looking ahead. It looks like I am spending Christmas (and maybe through New Years) in Sunapee NH. I only agreed to this since I figured I can ski every day. Does anyone have suggestions as to the closest and/or best places to ski around there, the probability of having snow between 21 Dec - 4 Jan, and lift tix prices/deals? Also, if any Divas ski near there I would love to meet up.

As for equipment, I am thinking of bringing both my BLs and my Auras to cover all conditions - sound good?

Last - the movers are coming on Wednesday to pack my stuff - I am officially moving from Munich, Germany to Toulouse, France. I will miss being an hour from the Alps, but I will be close to the Pyrenees, and I will still ski in the Alps as often as I can manage.

Meanwhile I have been punishing my Cube fully and managing to stay fit for the ski season!

Hope all's well!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi SkiGap- you'll have man made snow at Sunapee & Okemo is 1hr also lots there too. You'll be skier heaven from top of Sunapee you can see so many mts! Lots of choices for you! Ck the Mt Websites for online ticket deals! Have fun. See you on the mt.

canski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NH at Xmas can be anything from rain to powder to frigid - or all of the above in a 24 hr period. As crazy as weather has been this year you just don't know. If it is cold enough, the guns will be pumping out snow as soon as they can for the holiday weeks, and if Mother Nature cooperates with snow, you'll be fine. Sometimes there can be a big difference between Sunapee's and the White Mtn's weather (Waterville/Loon/Cannon/Bretton Woods - all up Rt 93 - which are about 2 hrs from Sunapee) due to them being further N and higher in elevation. Even Okemo at a similar southern location can be lots snowier than Sunapee - you also have the other VT areas to choose from based on Sunapee location. Sunapee is not a difficult mountain - nothing steep, but lots of great groomers. And expect things to be typical holiday crowded everywhere if conditions are decent and probably not too many deals.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The New England holiday skiing "rhythm" seems somewhat predictable to me, at least in the 9 years I've been here. Ski as much as you can before xmas. Even on 12/25, one of the lightest holiday days. Avoid just after and until 12/31: opt for another activity or grin and bear crowds. 1/1 is another typically light-traffic day, at least early on. 1/2 is a Sunday this year so will be busy. 1/3 will be light.

As mentioned above, conditions can be soup to nuts, anything is possible. But the crowd patterns have been remarkably similar from year to year, in my experience.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Thanks Divas! So I guess the earlier I show up the better, in terms of crowds - thanks for that info also.

Skiing is better than not skiing, so I suppose I should just hope it is cold enough so that whatever is man- or nature- made will stick! Good idea that I should check early for ticket deals also.

Well once I finalize my plans I'll see who among you might be there.

-SkiTLS? No, I'll stay SkiGAP! GAP forever!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga