• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Ski Goddess Trips?

alicie

Angel Diva
Iknow this forum is largely US/Canadabased but has anyone heard about or done a Ski Goddess trip?

Id love to do one. I'd love to get more skiing in and Im a very anxious person so it sounds great if a bit terrfiying lol.

But I'm just curious if anyone had any feedback on them?

thanks.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Is this the course(s) you are thinking about? Been around since 2017. The founder, Katie, is BASI Level 4, a race coach, and a snowboard instructor. From what I read on the website, sounds like a good operation with a clear focus on how to help women achieve their goals as skiers. Seems as if they sell out mid-season but there can be spots open in December and March for a bit longer.

From FB page, September 0217:

My name is Katie and I am the founder of Ski Goddess. Since my late teens, I have travelled all over the World, instructing people of every age and ability to learn to ski. In 2006, I became the proud holder of the highest international skiing qualification and am now in the very privileged position of being allowed to work independently offering ladies only ski course holidays here in Chatel in the Portes du Soleil, France

So why ski course holidays specifically for women?

It’s a fact that women learn differently from men. We absorb information differently. We assess a situation differently. We attempt new things with a different approach. We also have a stronger, built-in instinct to protect ourselves.

Generally speaking women are bio-mechanically different from men and so need to do things differently. When faced with physical challenges, women prefer to process skills more thoroughly than men as men often use that bit of extra strength and/or testosterone over skill. Both men and women can reach the same level of skiing given the same amount of time so long as the approach to learning is apt.

At Ski Goddess I completely understand the reasons why you want to learn the right way and improve your skiing. It’s with these reasons in mind that I have tailored these luxury ski course holidays to suit the way you, as a woman and also as an individual, learn best.

Each session is designed to make you feel relaxed, proud, excited, happy, confident and looking forward to more!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Even though the course has "full day lessons" the schedule makes sense. Very different from the approach taken in the USA when students can be skiing from 9:30-12:00 and again 1:00-3:30.

Each day we will be at the slopes between 9 and 9.30am. We usually have a quick chat about the focus of the day and sometimes we do an exercise or two previously in the chalet before putting ski boots on. This is to give us a good idea of the sensations we are looking for when on the snow.

For the morning session we often ski till 11.45am and stop for coffee and a snack. In the morning we might do drills and exercises on easier terrain. After coffee we may test our skills on some more challenging terrain. All morning I will be gathering video footage of your progress.

We often have late lunch around 1.45pm. This means we get the most of “the work” done before lunch and have the mountain to ourselves whilst others are eating theirs. Lunch is about an hour and then we re-enforce our morning’s work for an hour or so afterwards. We normally finish on snow between 4 and 4.30pm

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ah but I have skied Chatel in the Portes du Soleil... it is one of many villages encompassing both France and Switzerland. Wonder if they do the circuit? That would take them over to Switzerland and possibly ski the famous Swiss Wall. Yes I skied it once and it wasn't very pretty ! Meaning my skiing, not the area....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So it's British run and you stay in a chalet ! That is super fun as have done a few times (mostly in Chamonix and Tignes) but I have always thought it would be fun for divas to take over a chalet. The price is in pounds so would cost a bit more in US dollars but chalet's are a bargain and can be very nice with gourmet meals and wine included ! @alicie it sounds very fun and bet you would enjoy it.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the way they break down the levels, and in particular present it in terms of what you can do, but also what you're scared of that is limiting you: that's very thoughtful, and I'm reading the level descriptions going "yup, that's me!"

Reactions: AJM

Cygnet

Certified Ski Diva
I have been very tempted over the years, but cost and/or clash of dates have meant I haven’t been able to. I’d still love to do it - maybe one day... I signed up to her free online video course way back in 2013 and found that helpful. I’d recommend that - potentially useful input and you also get an idea of who Katy is and her approach. She started on her own and now has a couple of other instructors too. Let us know what you decide!

alicie

Angel Diva
Thanks for all the input guys.

my dad said he’d think about it and see how I get on this season. My plan was to do one next season, as to do all day skiing I need to lose more weight. He said it sounds like a good idea but migh5 be too much for me (like all day wise). But I did reiterate that it’s not this season I want to do it, as I definitely wouldn’t cope this season, but next season. So now I need to save up some money.

I love that they cater for all abilities and nervousness as I am definitely on the lower end of ability and I’m a very nervous skier. I’m hoping with losing weight that I’ll gain confidence too but it’s definitely more than just that, so hoping this will help.

if I had that much money I still wouldn’t do it this year as I’m definitely not ready this season. I look forward to saving the money lol.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@alicie while you may want to push and ski all day, I have coached many camps where some of the ladies bow out before or after lunch, and our lunches are much earlier in the day. Sometimes I find that I can only digest so much learning in a day and multiple full days does not allow for enough processing time.
I hope you get to go at some point as it sounds like a blast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna