• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Fashion according to Cosmo?

Tvan

Angel Diva
No. *Maybe* the intarsia sweater for apres, but the rest, no.

AppleJacks207

Certified Ski Diva
Some of these gave me a good chuckle, too! I could get down with the neon base layers, and I like the look of the camo jacket. A lot of these looks seem more like they're focused on being "a look". A LOT of look, at that

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Pixie Perfect I have very similar gloves for cycling. I got them more for visibility than style but I could definitely go for the neon base layers too. I would wear both sweaters with the stars, but they‘re hardly ski gear. I love the Moncler jacket (£1,690:eek:) but I wouldn’t wear it skiing. In my alternative life, where I sit on a terrace drinking champagne, this is the jacket for me.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Most of it is not ski gear though, it is fashion. It looks like only a few of the items have what a technical ski wear pieces should have - waterproof zippers, insulation etc. Some of them are fun as fashion choices. Decathlon jacket in the end may be a decent ski jacket if has waterproofing, same with dare2b red ski pants. I liked that they have some plus size ski clothes, I didn't know ASOS carries plus size ski clothes. Those also look like they could be technical ski wear pieces. The black pants and pastel jacket from ASOS look more like normal ski wear.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Decathlon jacket in the end may be a decent ski jacket if has waterproofing, same with dare2b red ski pants.

Decathlon is a big a French sports store. They stock gear for every imaginable sport at very reasonable prices. I‘ve bought ski gear for my kids and a variety of sporting goods for myself there -including the neon cycling gloves - and I’ve always been happy with the quality. They usually have goods at a range of price points and that jacket is probably the cheapest and least technical, but I’d say it would be fine for someone who only skis occasionally. Their helmets would also all meet EU standards for ski helmets.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What about the metallic silver onesie with fur trim? :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Amazingly I have seen more than one metallic onesie on the slopes of late. I guess space suit looks are trending.

I’m just sitting here imagining what would happen to me if I ran into a tree branch in this £2,260 suit and also how to carry things without unsightly pocket bulges. Then again, the version of me that would wear this probably wouldn’t go tree skiing and may even have a servant following me around carrying my things.
1188198-ou-xl-1577115413.jpg

newboots

Angel Diva
It’s so hard to imagine sweating in something so shiny, and with fur trim all over.

And in most of the others. Can you imagine trying to impress with a chic overpriced metallic number and helmet hair?

:goodluck: :laughter:

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Amazingly I have seen more than one metallic onesie on the slopes of late. I guess space suit looks are trending.

I’m just sitting here imagining what would happen to me if I ran into a tree branch in this £2,260 suit and also how to carry things without unsightly pocket bulges. Then again, the version of me that would wear this probably wouldn’t go tree skiing and may even have a servant following me around carrying my things.
1188198-ou-xl-1577115413.jpg
For many reasons, I can’t wear that. First, the sleeves are probably not flame retardant. I could catch that sleeve on fire while cooking over an open flame. Second, the zipper looks to be a commercial grade size and is too wide for my figure. Third, the crotch looks like a bit pouchy and I don’t need all the attention that look will bring. I’m just sayin, this outfit is not as functional as it appears.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga