• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Diva Pilates class

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi is there a limit on the class size?

Not at this time. If there is sufficient interest I can split classes based on time which might be beneficial to coast to coast students. I wouldn’t want it to get so large that I couldn’t keep track of everybody. But for the intro class it’s open.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I signed up!

Now another dumb question: Do we need any special equipment? Is it all mat work?

That’s not a dumb question at all! You do not need any special equipment for this class. There are classes at Providence Pilates for weights or for people who have a TRX or suspension training system in their house. And a few other little tricks! But for what I will teach all you need is a mat.

If you do not have a mat, the carpet is fine. A towel on the floor if it’s not directly on a hard surface is fine. There are some exercises where one would want to protect their spine from direct contact to a hard surface. I like something thicker than a basic yoga mat myself but many people would be happy with just that.

Dress the same as you would for yoga or any exercise class pretty much. You need something with enough give or stretch so you can move. And we work either barefoot, with sticky yoga type socks or with regular socks on the mat. No shoes. Although Julia Mancuso used to do her Pilates work with her ski boots on which is just brutal!

newboots

Angel Diva
“The Hundred.” No can do. I hurt myself doing this when recommended by a less-than-wonderful PT.

But I’m game to try this stuff, once, anyway.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
“The Hundred.” No can do. I hurt myself doing this when recommended by a less-than-wonderful PT.

But I’m game to try this stuff, once, anyway.

Don’t say no to the hundred before you consider modifications to make it safer.

newboots

Angel Diva
Don’t say no to the hundred before you consider modifications to make it safer.

I suppose if I trust you to follow you down countless ski trails, I should trust you with the well-being of my poor neck. :wave:

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just signed up. Now I just have to make sure I have enough room to kick without knocking over the grow light and baby tomatoes:becky:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@newboots there are always variations and modifications in Pilates. For example, The Hundred can be done without lifting your head off the floor.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So join in on Thursday, April 2, at noon EDT. A reminder should go out the day before. We do that as there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Studio requirement.

Another post noted daylight vs standard time! I forget some places don't change! So who else is in?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m in. I’m rooting through my limited stock of workout clothing so I will look fabulous despite being a recovering couch potato. :bounce:

Don’t forget to sign up!

Formal workout clothes are not necessary. What about those black Leggings you were wearing one day at the store? Those look fine to me.

I took a class earlier today and I will do a how to set up an competently run a zoom meeting tutorial with Cheryl later!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I'm in - going to register now! @Abbi - Will you post the zoom meeting number, or will it come in the reminder email?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm in - going to register now! @Abbi - Will you post the zoom meeting number, or will it come in the reminder email?

It should come through the reminder email (that I have to send) but for this big a gang, I'll probably post the meeting number, too. Thanks for asking! All new logistics to me.

newboots

Angel Diva
Don’t forget to sign up!

Formal workout clothes are not necessary. What about those black Leggings you were wearing one day at the store? Those look fine to me.
!

I signed up. You gals do know I’m kidding, right?

Except about being a recovering couch potato

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna