• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Demo Question

Pavlova

Diva in Training
Hi I'm new to the group, but have already found so much helpful information. I am planning to demo this weekend so any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm similar in size, skier type to @skidiva I believe and ski in NE. I have to replace a pr of 2017 volkll kenjas. Tried the wild belle and was not a fan. Hated the black pearls when I tried them in 2017 so was very surprised when I really liked them this time around. Trying the Santa Anas and possibly the nela 88s this weekend. 1: any other suggestions? 2: any changes from 2017 that would explain my different experience w the black pearls this time around? Thanks so much!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hated the black pearls when I tried them in 2017 so was very surprised when I really liked them this time around.

I believe they've added metal for stability since 2017. If you like the kenja, which is stiff, that may be it?

What do you love about your Kenjas? Maybe that can help the divas hone in on other skis you might like too.

Pavlova

Diva in Training
Thanks! The kenjas have been great on NE snow, aka ice. I love their ability to execute quick, short turns on the narrow amount of snow on the sides of trails (similar results in bumps). I always wished that they were a little better on bigger, carving turns when I found the rare snow covered groomer or corduroy-though my challenge may have been operator error!

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I would give the Salomon Stance W 84s a try. They are definitely lighter than the Black Pearls but they were a blast when I demoed. I found them to be easy to turn with a damp feel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna