• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Boots in Bay Area/Santa Cruz

shannoncw12

Diva in Training
Any recommendations on where to buy ski boots in the Bay Area or Santa Cruz? I'm an advanced skier and it seems like a lot of local places carry more beginner/intermediate equipment (that they will try to convince me to buy). I also have big feet (size 10 or 10.5) and wide/muscular calves so it can be tough to find a good fit. I've found some boots that look interesting online, but I'm a bit wary about buying something I haven't seen in person/tried on.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 to CSC in Berkeley.

Note though: make an appointment and go during the week, if you can. Even better if you go in the off-season. I have the same issue (big feet, tiny ankles, HUGE calves), and they set me up with a Fischer vacuum boot, which is pretty much the greatest thing on the planet. It's not cheap, but very much worth it. (If discounts are important, I recommend going during a big holiday sale; I got my boots over Labor Day weekend for a pretty significant discount.)

Good luck!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not any more. Sorry... I got mine in Tahoe and was able to demo brand new boots - a few pairs...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga