• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski bag?

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that I have my own skis:dance: I need a ski bag. Any thoughts on what I should get? I will need to be able to bring it on planes and on buses and I don't have a car so I need something that's easy to carry. Should I get one with wheels? I figure I should get a double bag, because even though Mr DeeSki doesn't have his own skis, he'll probably get a pair too and a double bag would make more sense with airline baggage fees. Thanks!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Get a hard shell Sportube. Some airlines now require you to have a hard case. They have wheels and a carrying handle, and can also be used for shipping ( I just shipped my skis via UPS in my Sportube).

I also have a double Sportube, and this can be convenient, but some airlines are now restricting sizes of baggage, and the double case may be too large dimension-wise for some airlines. I used the double case no problem on Air Canada, but could not use it for US Air. So, that all depends.

Others will chime in here with more info....but I'd go with a Sportube.....either single or double.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga