• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Show off your camping setup / camper / van!

altagirl

Staff member
I'm a big fan of tent camping, but DH has wanted a van for years and I finally have in. He bought a Sprinter van over the holidays and is mostly in the planning phase. So far he's upgraded the suspension and we added the ladder and spare tire carrier on the back.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'm a big fan of tent camping, but DH has wanted a van for years and I finally have in. He bought a Sprinter van over the holidays and is mostly in the planning phase. So far he's upgraded the suspension and we added the ladder and spare tire carrier on the back.
Are you guys going to do the build yourselves, or hire someone to do it?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member

Take pictures as you go (please)!!! Super exciting project.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m so jealous. My childhood vacations were spent driving around Europe in an old Commer van. Our neighbours thought we were crazy but it was fantastic!

altagirl

Staff member
Take pictures as you go (please)!!! Super exciting project.
Definitely! Just the ladder rack, suspension and wheels/ tires so far. He is getting recommendations from some friends with Sprinter vans regarding the interior and I think he made some decisions this weekend. He is having the stereo upgrade done professionally, but likes working on vehicles and doing projects like this so most of the rest will likely be us. Haha there is a lot of work in the future but it's a good COVID project. I have something of a pile of hobbies and I'm glad he's got a project to keep busy with these days. And it's a good thing he built the detached garage so tall that it fits in there!

Attachments

• 20201228_140626.jpg
    20201228_140626.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 9

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
He's going to do most of it himself. I do some assisting in these projects but it's his toy.... :smile:
I discovered Ross Lukeman's Conversion Van Course after I had already done about 1/4 of the work, but it saved me a LOT of costly errors. The course was worth every penny! I wish I had found him before I started -- he lays everything out in order, and goes thru each lesson very clearly and step-by-step, unlike most YouTube videos, and gives downloadable materials lists. His electrical stuff is especially useful. Also, once you sign up for his Conversion Van Course all the other courses are included, and you can email him with questions, etc. I still contact him first whenever I run into a issue.

Staff online

Members Online