• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sheeva 9 for intermediate skier

marzNC

Angel Diva
Blaze comes in 146 and 152 - any ideas of lenght for my size? 155cm (5 foot 1 at my best!) and around 110 pounds give or take.
Hmm, that's hard to say without demo'ing.

I'm slightly shorter and the same weight as you are. As an adventurous intermediate 15 years ago, my all-mountain skis were 154cm and 75 underfoot. After rehabbing a knee injury about 10 years ago, I used a pair of narrower skis that were 148cm. Even though I've become a solid advanced skier, I'm using skis that are shorter at my home hilll (1000 ft vertical) that is mostly groomed trails. The difference between those and the all-mountain skis I take to big mountains out west is about 10cm. They are very different designs (different brands), but about the same width underfoot.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks all for the input. I'm now thinking I need to go narrower - I'm now considering Volkl Blaze 86w but will look into some options. May leave until next season unless I can snag an end of season sale.
Blaze comes in 146 and 152 - any ideas of lenght for my size? 155cm (5 foot 1 at my best!) and around 110 pounds give or take.
I'm your height but a little lighter and I would go with the 152. I haven't demoed them as the only place I considered demoing was in Steamboat and they didn't have the 86's. @ski diva has the 159's (similar specs) I think and really likes them. They're on sale now at Evo.com

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should add for context I ski a Ripstick 94w in 147 (or 149 I can't remember their size! just under 150) - a few seasons old. I tore my Achilles over a year ago (not skiing) and this is my first season back. I found the crazy various conditions tough this year - soft fluffy or spring snow I love the ripsticks. But as soon as it gets icy (west coast ice) , harder or crud I find myself being thrown around a bit and I don't feel confident. I get a bit scared now post injury. It might also have to do with my injury - I just can't get them on edge enough to feel confident when the conditions get more hard pack. I also can't flex and push forward my injured leg as I can with my "good" leg.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm your height but a little lighter and I would go with the 152. I haven't demoed them as the only place I considered demoing was in Steamboat and they didn't have the 86's. @ski diva has the 159's (similar specs) I think and really likes them. They're on sale now at Evo.com

Yes, I'm the same height and weight and have the 2023's, but in a 157, not a 159. For me, the size is perfect. It's a very fun ski.

Last edited:

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't find 152 in my area (on sale) - maybe I should wait for next season if there's no good deals in my size. It looks like they may be revamping the blaze collection unless it's just the topsheet. I'm intrigued by the new Ripstick 88. But I'd like to try another brand maybe.

PollySid

Certified Ski Diva
ps. I HATED Blizzard Black Pearl 88s from a few years ago (probably 2 iterations ago). guy at the ski shop was talking about the Sheevas and it sounded awesome to me and a ski that might suit me. My hatred of the Black Pearls haunt me a bit! LOL. They were not fun. He told me Sheevas were fun and easy to initiate turns.
The Pearl got a facelift for 24/25 season. Graphics are soft orange/clay palette. Will be interesting what folks say about them —and I do not know what changes were made. I’d assume there will be great deals now on the current generation.

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting to read of all the redesigns coming up... which explains some of the sales I'm seeing. Difficult to decide between going for a deal (if you can find in the right size) and waiting to see/try and heard feedback about the new skis.
It's often difficult to demo in my size...

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't find 152 in my area (on sale) - maybe I should wait for next season if there's no good deals in my size. It looks like they may be revamping the blaze collection unless it's just the topsheet. I'm intrigued by the new Ripstick 88. But I'd like to try another brand maybe.

If you're in doubt, definitely wait. You have all of off season to look and there are sales at the start of next season too, so don't feel like you need to rush it.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

The only change to the Blaze for next season is the top sheet. It's been that way for a few years now. I got a killer deal this winter on a new pair of Blaze's from two years ago; the only thing that'd changed between then and now was the graphics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna