• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Seeking ski demo recs for my DBF

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup... I said for my boyfriend!! :laugh:

We are going to a demo day tommorrw and I would like to convince him to try some different skis....just so he can see there IS a difference and possibly find something he may really really have a blast on. I would like to give him just a handful to consider...don't want to overwhelm the man. :becky:

Currently he is skiing on Atomic Izor Ti 159 cm. Skinny 68 waist. Labeled as an intermediate ski as far as I'm aware.
He's approx 5'7...200 lbs....sssshhhh...don't tell him I told!!
I would say he's a solid intermediate skiier. Skis all blues and easier blacks. Not always gracefully. lol Still btwn skidding and carving turns. Moderate speeds. I wish I could get him to take a lesson...he seems to have picked up the sport fairly easily and he would be great with some proper instruction. He would probably need something that doesn't require the driver to be on point at every single moment.

Its not that his skis are horrible....he hasn't "outgrown" them as far as I can see. I would like him to maybe try something more all mountain with a fatter waist. His current ride is not good to him in the mucked up terrain or fresh snow. Maybe I'm just trying to get him to sign on to my personal insanity. Two gear ho's in the house would be interesting. Something different to discuss over dinner and a glass of wine! :eyebrows:

So come on Ladies,do tell, what are the men in your life sking on and raving about??

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread.

My husband LOVES his Blizzard Titan Cronus! 88 in the waist and tons of fun.

I demoe'd the izor a few years ago. It was okay but nothing to set my world on fire.
If you would like to surprise DBF with some nice skis for Christmas, I have a pair of Hart Scarabs, new in the wrapper. They are the 08 version of the Lady Hart Twin Tip that the Diva's are raving about in the review forum.

I'd like to get what I've got into them if you're interested.
Details : Scarab 176cm 120/86/110 $330.00 + Shipping

Jilly

Staff member
I was going to add the following, but it might be too late:

Salomon Lords all mountain, but out west all mountain
Rossi Z10's - more eastern all mountain
Atomic Nomads. Not sure which version, but the more black pieces the better.

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the responses. I'll be keeping a mental list of things to recommend. Unfortunately he decided he didn't want to demo anything as it was his 1st day out. :rolleyes: Anyway, he hasn't gotten to the point where his curiosity has been peeked by different types of skis/equipt. I know...very unusual. LOL

SnoHot, thank you for the offer, but I'll have to pass. I really want him to pick his next ski. If I were to just "present" him with another he would probably think I was nuts, as to him, his skis are perfectly fine. Which they more than likely are. I swear if I don't rub off on him he'll just keep skiing them until they literally fall apart. You should see how much trouble I have getting him to clean out the closet!! I swear we have a bunch of "vintage" clothing in there! :eek: He's come back into and then out of style again. :ROTF:

Ah well, I love him anyway!! Maybe some other demo day this year. So any other suggestions that you have are still much welcomed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga