• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Schweitzer Mountain Resort

judy

Diva in Training
My husband, sister-in-law and I are going to Schweitzer February 2010. I've skiied for over 40 years and had never heard of it. Anyone know anything about it? The website looks good, and it is huge. Also, we are thinking about snow cat skiing for a day. I'm a pretty strong skiier, but a little nervous. Any thoughts/experiences to share?
Thanks
Judy

geargrrl

Angel Diva
there are a few locals to the area here.

The main thing is it can get a little warm there ( ie, wet/windy) and on holidays there can be lines**. It is supposed to be an El Nino winter, so warmer and wetter is to be expected. Other than that, it's a fun mountain especially if you like to dink around in the trees or hike a little.

I can't speak for the cat skiing. On a powder day, or a clear day with a view, it's a beautiful mountain.

** as for line, I'm in a remote corner of the PNW so my idea of a line is a little skewed.

run2run

Diva in Training
Pretty nice place- up and coming....snow can be really nice - I think Feb. will be a good time to go.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
A long-time member of this forum just moved out that way and purchased a house on the mountain.
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6906
I think this will be her first season out there, but you could make contact and find out as the season starts what the conditions are like. (She moved there from the east.)

geargrrl

Angel Diva
lol they are also pretty much the same as my home mt, Mt. Spokane. Same elevation, 50 miles away. :becky:

Nirek87

Diva in Training
I love to ski at Schweitzer! The mountain is huge-- so many places to check out. It has a really warm family vibe there too. Sandpoint is a down to earth town with some great resturants and neat little shops. I had a season pass to Schweitzer last year---I highly recomend the back side of the mountain, espeically if it is a little foggy out. So much to explore--have a great time.

canski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Schweitzer is on my short list - I like the 'lesser known' areas. Plus, I ski (NH) with the sisters of the owner of Selkirk Powder Co owner (Ken Barrett) and one of them went out a few years ago and raved about it. They are a skiing family and have heard about his endeavor for quite some time now.
Would love a review of the trip!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to Schweitzer myself the last week of January, and I'm really excited! I've never skied there before, and I love to try new areas.

I'll definitely post a report, when I get back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga