• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Schweitzer bound!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm heading for Schweitzer tomorrow! Never been there before, so I'm excited.

It's a full day trip from here: first we drive 3 hours to Logan airport (Boston), then we fly from Boston to Spokane via Denver, and then we drive another 2 hours to the mountain.

Factor in the time change, and it makes it a looooong day.

I've heard they haven't had a lot of snow there, but I know we'll have a great time, anyway.

Any comments, insights on Schweitzer from anyone?

wahineskisk2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh my gosh, I just skied Schweitzer today for the first time!!! That is so funny that you're coming here too! I'm leaving in the morning or I'd ask to take a run or two with you. Well, I had a blast. Everyone was saying how the snow wasn't that good, but I thought it was OK considering how warm it is here. The base was decent, better than at Keystone CO, my home mt. I took the 10:15am mountain tour, which I recommend just to get the lay of the land. Head to the Outback right away, as the front is kinda sloppy. The views are stunning if the clouds give way. I was told by
many a local today that it is often foggy here. Someone said it is the "resident" cloud that meanders around the mountain every day. There seemed to be a good number of steep groomed runs and many glade runs too. My mountain guide told me the "Shoot the Moon" run is his fave when there is powder. What's bringing you here? I'm here looking at property, but down by Couer D'Alene. I was going to ski Silver Mountain, but the gondola broke and won't be working till Thursday. I'm really glad I got to ski Schweitzer though. I'd definitely come back!!! :yahoo:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
OWhat's bringing you here? I'm here looking at property, but down by Couer D'Alene.

I'm visiting a friend who moved there from Massachusetts: Quiver Queen, a member of the forum. I'll be skiing there through Friday.

Glad to hear you had such a nice time. I'm psyched! :ski:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
If Schweitzer got any of the snow that Jackson Hole did last week then things are skiing waaaaay better than they were a week ago. Have fun!!!

canski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you go Cat skiing with Kenny Barrett, tell him his Cannon 'family' says hello.

Marigee

Angel Diva
Have a great time!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
If Schweitzer got any of the snow that Jackson Hole did last week then things are skiing waaaaay better than they were a week ago. Have fun!!!

I hate to be a broken record but the snow report for this area...let's just say El Nino is not being kind to us.:mad:

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was there a couple weeks ago and the snow was holding up really well considering the warm temps.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it's very nice. I mean, it's not knee deep powder, but conditions have been good, the temperatures are warm by New England standards, and there's no wind and lots of sun. It's a beautiful, fun area, plenty of great places to ski, and we're having a wonderful time!

Here are a few pics:

View1.jpg

JW.jpg

view2.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

geargrrl

Angel Diva
How is the off piste?

Now you know you are looking into Montana and Canada right? You can actually see the backside of Fernie if you know where to look.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like a little piece of heaven, eh?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Great pics, Ski Diva. Especially nice one of you & Mr SD :D Glad you're having fun, hi to Quiver Queen!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I was skiing at Mt. Spokane today, just down the road. Sunny and beautiful. I was surprised that the small bumps were decent - where the crud has been broken up was quite nice!!!

I got on the lift today with some guy who left his tin foil hat at home. He told me some really funny stuff, not sure what whack job radio host he got this one from; " the 100's of wolves (100s, right:rolleyes:) are cross breeding with coyotes to create Monster Coyotes that are really aggressive and attacking people. Yes folks, I live in the land of folks in the hill who worry about poisonous vapor trails and black helicopters...

The other good one was, "no one over 40 skis" from the same guy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga