• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Salomon Demo Night

Jilly

Staff member
Diva's I have 3 hours tomorrow night to demo this years Salomon offering. I have 2 skis on my list to try the Topaz and the X-wing 10. I've already skied the Origin and the Aero GT. Is there a ski that anyone would like me to try for them? NOTE: Hill is <200 vertical feet. High speed GS turns of more than 3 might be a problem!! And its pissing R here right now, so I hope it stops or turns to snow soon and this poor little hill stays open! :snow:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also, maybe the Jade, depending if conditions are decent?

The Solly guy at the demo I went to seemed to think it wouldn't generate any interest so didn't carry it.

Meanwhile they had plenty of guys mid-fats and fats. Guess 80mm is just too much ski for us lil ladies. :mad2:

K.

Jilly

Staff member
Sorry ladies no Jade or Scarlet. I did try the Rush, Origin and Topaz. Now conditions were bulletproof, so I'm not going to post anything about these skis, as Salomon is coming back next Wednesday. But I did get a peek at next years catalogue and there is some neat stuff coming. Reverse camber, new boots and some new women's skis.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do the graphics on next years stuff look less vomitous?

:smile:

Jilly

Staff member
Oh yes. Much better. They did away with the flowers on the Origin, and the horrible colour of the Topaz. The carving skis all have new names. The others keep the same. Also there is a new ladies reverse camber - called Lady. Men's version is called Lord, so??

How are the graphics for next year's Mynx and Scarlet? I have those skis and love them and am obsessed with all things women/twin tip/Solomon.... Love the Z10 freestyle bindings too.

Jilly

Staff member
Oh and the 1080's are baaaccck. 10th anniversery edition. Can't really remember the graphics on the Scarletts or Mynx, except still wild!! Change in the construction of the walls on the park skis too!

BackOnTrack

Certified Ski Diva
i'm not surprised that there will be some changes to the topsheets- i think that they put a lot of potential customers off this year. i bought the topaz last week cos i love the way they ride. i chalk the colour up to 1- a reminder of the fridge in my mom's kitchen while i was growing up (ah, harvest gold...) and 2- an anti-theft device! :laugh:

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
GAWD! I'm soooo jealous....:Cry:

I hope you had a great time.

OMG, I just checked snow conditions at my small, local hill www.berkshireast.com and a local ski store (Competitive Edge, think QQ's DH) is hosting a Solomon demo day at the hill on Saturday when I plan to be up there. I presume this means next year's equipment, but we'll see and if so, I'll try to demo some models and will post a report.

:clap:

Jilly

Staff member
It'll be this years stuff. They are just showing next year's stuff to the dealers this weekend in Vegas!!

Oh well, that was wishful thinking. I bet they won't have the twin tips to demo anyway, especially the Scarlets in 164 which I'd like to try out now that my skills have improved this season....

Jilly

Staff member
The store owner who organized having Salomon there told me in the afternoon that twin tips would be there. I think the demo guy just didn't want to take them out of the truck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna