• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Salomon bamboo vs rossignol temptation 82

Polopatty

Diva in Training
Hi ladies,
Need your help! I am an intermediate skier (mostly blue and blacks) on the east coast ) mostly nj and upstate ny). Currently skiing on élan snow ( my beginner skis) they hold me back from going fast and get caught on moguls and bumps. In desperate need of new skis. I went to CO and demoed rossignol temptation 82 which felt bulky and had some difficulty with turns when accidentally ended up in moguls. Skied groomed blacks and blues and was able to carve well and increase my speed without vibrations and shaking. Next day tried out salomon bamboo in pure powder ( snowed about 3-4inches overnight) bamboos held it down and was able to go between trees and life in powder. Did well with speed. I'm 5'4 about 125lb. Salomons were 155cm and rossignols 153 I believe. I am undecided what might be best for mostly east coast with some powder. Right now leaning towards bamboos but I want a better quality ski. Priced the same. I want a ski that will help me advance more, increase speed, handle crud and bumpy groomers and won't hitch on moguls. I would love to start double diamonds without moguls. Any suggestions, recommendations? I was also considering atomic affinity storm because I hear atomic makes one of better skis.

Jilly

Staff member
First off, the Temptations were too short for you. Mine are 162 and I'm 5'4. They have a rockered tip and tail, so you lose a lot of ski.

But for skiing here in the east I would stick with the Bamboo's. It's Salomon's top of the line women's all mountain ski. It is actually an advanced ski.

As for the Storm, you might find it a little stiff at your weight. Again it has some rocker so go longer than you would a carver.

Polopatty

Diva in Training
Thank you @Jilly! You definitely made my decision easier and now I'm a proud owner of Salomon Bamboo's!! The ski shop gave me a crazy deal and couldn't turn it down.

First off, the Temptations were too short for you. Mine are 162 and I'm 5'4. They have a rockered tip and tail, so you lose a lot of ski.

But for skiing here in the east I would stick with the Bamboo's. It's Salomon's top of the line women's all mountain ski. It is actually an advanced ski.

As for the Storm, you might find it a little stiff at your weight. Again it has some rocker so go longer than you would a carver.
ank

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...I would love to start double diamonds without moguls.

Geez, do they make any double diamonds without moguls??? :rotf:

Congrats on picking a very nice ski, they should be good for you for quite some time. I'm a big fan of Salomon skis. I love their feel.

abc

Banned
Since I'm very similar to the OP in weight and height, if I may jump in with my questions...

I'm told I need to go a bit longer (4-6cm?) if the ski has rockers. As you pointed out, one "lose a lot of ski" to the rockered tip & tail. But like the OP, I found the 'extra' length bulky and unyielding in moguls. What's your experience and/or opinion? Or is there benefit to having them rockers in the mogul? If so, any difference in technique to utilize the rockers?

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I prefer rockered skis in moguls, extra length (if you go longer) is not the big issue since most of it is off the snow, but my technique is very basic - pivot on top and slide off the back.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh yes......steep and flat, lov em!!
Are they groomed? I always assumed that moguls form naturally especially on steep slopes, from traffic. Steep terrain here is natural, without trails, so moguls are always there when there is no new snow. There are some steep groomed blacks but relative to natural terrain they are not really steep.

Jilly

Staff member
One of the steepest slope at Tremblant is usually 1/2 groomed. Yes moguls do form from skier/rider traffic, but they can groom them flat.

Sunday night most of Tremblant is groomed so Monday is the day to ski for black diamonds! Corduroy!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
One of the steepest slope at Tremblant is usually 1/2 groomed. Yes moguls do form from skier/rider traffic, but they can groom them flat.

Sunday night most of Tremblant is groomed so Monday is the day to ski for black diamonds! Corduroy!

Well, Expo chair wasn't running today, but Expo and Cossack looked like grooming was in process. Should be nice tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga