• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roxy Joyrider question

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Hmmmm...that's interesting. It is the same graphic, though, just as if you had 2 left skis or 2 right skis?

If that's so, then it depends on how important aesthetics are to you, (or how OCD you are)....you could contact the people you purchased them from and let them know. I would do that to see what kind of response you get. If they were purchased from a local shop, you DEFINITELY need to do this!

It's weird, though, because skis usually come packaged in pairs, no? So, did you get them in plastic wrap from an online dealer or mounted locally in a store? Perhaps the store screwed up (hard to see how unless they were mounting another pair of the same length at the same time)...or perhaps the factory messed up in their packaging. Either way, you should find out.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought them from sierrasnowboard.com, which is on the other side of the country. I didn't take them out of the box when they arrived (hubby did) so I have no idea exactly how they were packaged. Wrapped in plastic individually perhaps? Maybe the shop just grabbed 2 of the same by accident? I don't think I ever looked at them side by side until they were on my feet. Otherwise, they were stored base-to-base up until yesterday. Guess I should have been more attentive.

In the links I posted, I have 2 of the right ski. I know there's no "left" and "right" per se. But it's kind of a shame with a graphic that's supposed to be different on the skis.

Bing

Angel Diva
OMG - I own these and always have the leather patch on the left ski ... looks like it should have been on the right ... DOH !

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
See, now I have 2 leather patches. Guess that seals that question.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG - I own these and always have the leather patch on the left ski ... looks like it should have been on the right ... DOH !
I don't think it matters much, to be honest. It's just that it clearly looks like there's a graphic that continues from one ski to the next... and I don't have that. I emailed sierrasnowboard.com to see what kind of explanation they come up with. I'm not really prepared to pay money to ship something back to fix this, so if they're not willing to fix it on their own, guess I'll just be stuck with 2 right skis. Someone else out there must have 2 lefts. :laugh:

ETA: I emailed the following:
On March 9, 2008 I placed order #XXXXX for a pair of 162cm Roxy Joyrider skis. I had been off the slopes with a knee injury so I didn't really look at them after arrival until yesterday when I had them on my feet for the first time. According to the information I can find online, the skis are supposed to have different graphics on them (a so-called "right" and "left" ski). Mine, however, both have the same graphics on them - what's shown as the "right" ski from the images online. Both of mine have the leather patch (which from what I was told, only one ski should).

I guess I'm just confused how this would have happened. I figured skis would have been shipped to the shop as pairs, and thus reshipped to the buyer that way. but it appears mine were selected from 2 different pairs.

And this was the response I received:
I just talked with the ski expert and he said that there’s no left and right. However, there are serial numbers on the tail end of the skis. If they match then you’re good to go. If they don’t match, I can send you a prepaid shipping label to send them back. After that, we have two options: when we receive the skis, credit your card or when we see tracking on the RS label, we can send you a replacement pair. Please let us know what you would like us to do. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Sure enough, 2 different serial #s. :laugh: Looks like they're going back! (BTW, she probably thought I was an idiot referring to left and right skis. I did respond back that I know there isn't a left and right per se, just like with socks - just that the graphics are supposed to be different.)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So,

Are you sending them back to get a matched pair?

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You bet! :D At first it seemed like just an aesthetic thing. But when I thought about it, what happens if they go missing or something? Would be hard to identify them having to use 2 different serial #s, KWIM?

They emailed me the shipping label and once I clarify one more question, they're being packed up and shipped out. Then new ones will be on their way to me (and she already verified that the new pair have matching serial #s). :D

I'm very pleased with how they're handling the situation. Especially since I was upfront that I had already skied on the pair I have. Yeah, I should have been paying more attention I suppose (though with how crazy the kids keep me, it's a miracle I manage to put a matching pair of shoes on when I leave the house!) - but then again, it should have been a pair to begin with.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wanted to update this thread.

Just like I was told, as soon as they were able to track that the return skis were en route, Sierra Snowboard sent out replacements. I received them today and they are a matched pair - serial #s match and the graphics are as they should be. New in plastic. I have to say that this is FANTASTIC customer service. I was upfront and honest that I had already skied on my mismatched pair and expected them to maybe offer a coupon or something off a future order. I wasn't thrilled about the fact that I had non-matching serial #s (the graphics wasn't as much of a big deal in the big picture once I discovered the serial # problem) but I didn't pressure them for anything. In fact, I asked nothing of them in my emails - simply stated the facts and followed their lead. I could not be happier with the results! I will definitely buy from Sierra Snowboard again!

So now the big decision is... Roxy Joyriders or Dynastar Marie Martinods when I go to ABasin next month....? Decisions, decisions!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga