• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol Attraxion XI Multi

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
2074865690_423bd2a4b0.jpg

You know, I almost hate to do these reviews. So much of it is subjective, depending on the level of skier you are, the way you ski, what you look for in a ski, the conditions -- and when your review differs from the mainstream, it's hard to say which of these factors comes into play.

Such was the case with the Rossignol Attraxion XI. This ski got "Best In Test" in Skiing magazine's gear review, but it didn't do that much for me. I found it light and kind of bouncy at higher speeds. On the other hand, it's a great turner; these things can really carve. The Attraxion XI's have a huge shovel on the front and a big sidecut. And they have these interchangeable arms that let you adjust the ski's flex, depending on conditions and terrain.

I skied the 156 (126-76-106).

Not the best in my book, but maybe it would be in yours.

Jilly

Staff member
At $1,200.00 here in Canada, there are other skis that do better. I tried it with the long arms in the front and short in the back. (The only way it fits into the gondola holders!) I found it good in long turns, but didn't like the short or medium. Could be the arms. I found you needed to stay with the ski though. SkiDiva do you remember which arms were where??

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Same as you -- long in the front, short in the back. To be honest, I thought the whole set-up was sort of gimmicky -- just way too much stuff going on. I'd be afraid that the arms would fall off (I've actually heard of this happening!) or that I'd lose one or who knows what. Give me a ski that's just, well, a ski.

Jilly

Staff member
Overall I think the arms are a gimmick. Rossi just hasn't come up with anything new in a while. They changed the names of the Bandits from number 1,2 or 3 to the waist width. Wow!! :D

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the Attraxion XI's, too, and thought they were a good ski. Didn't spin my spurs the way a few others did, but took me down the hill just fine. They were easy to carve, seemed to like speed just fine, but were bothered by crud more than I expected, especially for their big shovel. This ski is why demo'ing is so important--each person will perceive a ski in a different manner no matter what the reviews say.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga