• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossi Demo time left me Uninspired!

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And this is why I use Volklgirls demo report card when I demo skis.
What I don't like, another person may really enjoy.
The key is to notice the properties of a ski and review based on that so, someone who likes a damp ski(REALLY DAMP) may like the rossi. Not this girl!
I like a ski that talks to me.:D

I know this sounds stupid...but what is a "damp" ski? I have really ONLY skied on my attraxion IIIs so I dont know what to compare it to. I keep seeing these new skiis pop up on SAC and I'm SO tempted to try another ski and see what happens.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know this sounds stupid...but what is a "damp" ski? I have really ONLY skied on my attraxion IIIs so I dont know what to compare it to. I keep seeing these new skiis pop up on SAC and I'm SO tempted to try another ski and see what happens.
A damp ski is a ski that just just skis, with no energy or feedback from the ski.
For instance, I skied on the Attraxion and the Balanze 11 back to back.
They skied identical as far as their turn shape and speed, but the Balanze had a bit more pop and spring to it.
Where the Attraxion was fun but just skied and made the turn shape without any "pop"

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A damp ski is a ski that just just skis, with no energy or feedback from the ski.
For instance, I skied on the Attraxion and the Balanze 11 back to back.
They skied identical as far as their turn shape and speed, but the Balanze had a bit more pop and spring to it.
Where the Attraxion was fun but just skied and made the turn shape without any "pop"

Oh boy.....I think I notice that too...I was afraid of that. The friend that helped me pick out these skiis (well...he picked them out FOR me) he thinks they are GREAT skiis so I always just assumed they were great skiis. I think I may need to invest and sell. lol

Suggestions for a fun ski to try? What about K2?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, some people prefer a damp ski because it's very forgiving. Personally, I don't. But for the record, some do.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh boy.....I think I notice that too...I was afraid of that. The friend that helped me pick out these skiis (well...he picked them out FOR me) he thinks they are GREAT skiis so I always just assumed they were great skiis. I think I may need to invest and sell. lol

Suggestions for a fun ski to try? What about K2?
I have a ton of suggestions, K2 is one of them but certainly not a ski with much pop.
Start a thread in gear and We'll get you soooooooo confused about what to get, but no matter what WE suggest, its gonna make you Grin!!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The second ski he put me on was the Bandit B2(WS)
I really hate being grim about a demo review but I can't tell you how totally uninspired this ski left me! It was like two planks with a pretty blue topsheet.
I have never been on a ski that I wanted to give back more than this one.:(

QUOTE]

I also don't know when I've been more bored by a pair of skis than with the Bandit W's--yawners!! A couple of years ago I attended a 2-day Rossi women's clinic, of which the purpose was for us ladies to be their focus group for testing the next year's skis, and I actually didn't like any of their skis. I've got to agree about the Volkls and Nordicas, they've just got so much feel to them it's a lot more fun.

Jilly

Staff member
Well I'm suppose to help at a Rossi demo day this Saturday. So one thing I am going to do is ski the Attraxion 5 again. If he has any Bandits maybe those. I just not sure if the whole is going ahead because of conditions etc. I'll let you know.

Jilly

Staff member
Well the demo day didn't happen. In fact its still raining here off and on. But I did get to visit with the rep today. First Rossi is very aware of the SkiDiva.com. It was brought up at the annual meeting just last week. Second I mentioned to him about this thread in very general terms. His comment was that their skis were not made for x-racer type women, so don't try to make them that. He does want me to take the Attraxion 5's for a ride again. Also the mutix type of ski is being brought down even lower in the line next year.
We are rescheduling the demo day for February, so hopefully there will be snow then!! And I can pick his brain more!!

Jilly

Staff member
I thought I just sneak that in there!!! Rossi has a site on facebook too, because they are running a contest through facebook. Their one of my groups.

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm interesting thoughts on the Rossi's. I have a pair of 06-07 Passion III's. The problem is this is my first (and thus far) only ski.
It definitely does not have any "pop," I can tell that much. Beyond that I want to at least try some longer skis (mine are 146) which I'm pretty certain is holding me back a bit speed/stability wise...they get me down the mountain though.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Been there, experienced that, a few times this season already!

rained for several hours here today and demolished the snowman DH built with the neighbor kid....

(of course, we're at under 3000 feet, and up on the mountain, well, that rain wasn't rain!)

Kano

Jilly

Staff member
Well its cold enough to make, and we're suppose to get some natural as well. Wait and see. I'm heading up to Tremblant on Friday for a long weekend. Now if I can get rid of this cough!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowed here today, and last night for that matter. Gotta get up at 4 to snow plow. Isn't that great!?:ski2:

SnowEssie

Certified Ski Diva
Rossignol B78 W

Hi there,

Skidiva.com +my Swiss brother in law had finally convinced me to test before buying new ski's.
So I did last weekend in Wengen (Switzerland). Tested 5 different ski's, one of it being the Rossignol B78 W. I was biased against them cause of the reviews here + I dont particularly like the clothing (I know thats got nothing to do with the ski's but still). Guess what? I bought them!:yahoo:
Will try to write reviews on the lot this weekend.
Movement Spicy; Rossignol B78 W;Stockli Stormrider XL; Stockli Rotor; K2 Lotta Luv. (As you can see there are 3 Swiss ski's in there so I have no idea whether they would be available in the States.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna