• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: right skis for the type of skier

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So last year two of us wanted ot start skiing again. did a bit of research on skis but given the new technique went to a couple of different ski shops. We ended up going to a ski shop we knew told them our ability and want we wanted to ski.
They sold us skis we hought would work well. Now I ma questioning if I got the right pick. then I just saw that the skis we got for my partner might be for a intermediate skier and not a beginner.

Does anyone know if Atomic 7 2009 model are for beginners or intermediate skiers? Could a beginner find these too hard for them to turn and learn to ski easier?

Also what do you all know about Salomon Topaz?
Are they good for all conditions including crud and how well do they adapt to other conditions? Also are they a stiff or soft ski?

Lastly does one need a soft ski if looking to ski mostly groomed trails.
Want to find a ski that is good for intermediate, able to handle crud, groomed and ice. Want a ski that can turn easily.

Thanks ahead of time!!

Jilly

Staff member
OK, I live in Atomic and Salomon town. Both warehouse for Canada are within blocks of home.

Both skis are not beginners, but you won't be beginners for long. These skis will really help you progress. Take some lessons and get out there!!

drjoyous

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was (am?) still an Atomic junkie (and Fischer junkie, and and and... Currently own M11s and Sugar Daddies, altho the M11s don't get much exercise these days!) As a beginner, I had the M10s (which I think are like the Cloud 9s?) and found them fine--lotsa growing room on 'em. It seems like Atomics are either a love-it-or-hate-it proposition, and IMO, you have to ride it awhile to figure it out. Unlike other skis--which you can jump on and immediately love--Atomics seem trickier to get to know.

But, once you figure them out--and assuming that they are a ski that suits your style, etc.--they are wonderfully substantial underfoot (a plus when hitting heavy Tahoe crud).

I don't personally know the Salomons, but from what i read (!), they sound like they're a very different ski (softer? That seems to be what a lot of people say...). I'll let Salomon junkies clue you in on them. But demo, demo demo...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga