• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

revised Daylight Savings Time

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
query (and it's more rhetorical than anything else): How did the US con Canada into joining in the 3 weeks early daylight savings transition?

I woke up this morning, confident that of all things, my cell phone and VCR (which alleges to get its time information from the signals broadcast from the TV channels) would adjust automatically....but alas, no such luck.

My poor 4 year old mac running on OS 10.2, I sort of knew wouldn't make the change without a little operator encouragement. :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have an answer to your question, but this time change was a tough one on me. My plane from Steamboat arrived on the east coast at 11:10 PM -- so that's 9:10 PM Rocky Mountain Time. By the time I got my luggage and car and made my way home, it was 1AM. Add the time change to that, and it was 2AM. So I got to bed around 2:30. And since I'm a morning person, I was up at 7. (Actually, that's about the amount of sleep I get, anyway, so what am I complaining about???)

Jilly

Staff member
Being one of the Canuks on the board, I don't know. I think they - the government - just thought it would be easier. It was nice to get home tonight at 7pm and it was still daylight! I didn't check with Tremblant to see if the lifts were going to open later.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just learned that Crested Butte will run some of its lifts later, thanks to DST. The Silver Queen Lift will now run until 5 PM, and the Red Lady Express Lift until 5:30 PM.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Mt. Sunapee in New Hampshire is extending its hours til 5, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga