• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Reflections on the 08/09 Ski Season....

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This was (and still is :D ) a great season in many ways!
1.) First and formost was the discovery of my new love, the Volkl Auras! Whoa they are wonderful!!!
2.) Had my first days of snow shoeing and XC skiing which were wonderful treats
3.) Now that DH and I are empty nesters, we took a week off from work in early Feb. Our first week out side of a holiday or weekend. It was amazing.
4.) Always love our skiday with our best instructor, Malcolm, who always teaches us new things to work on. This year on an incredible pow day
5.) Finally got a handle on my knee weekness and working with a fabulous PT, I am in control!
6.) I could go on but OMG every year skiing is a gift!!!

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My refelctions;

I got my CSIA level 1 this year! Finally!

Got to teach skiing and absolutely LOVED it. If it only paid more, I'd make a career out of it.

Doing that helped my stance not only impove, but change completely.

Switched from old straight skis, to new skis!

Got to ski with Diva Jilly at Tremblant in January, and had a blast!

Was re-introduced to moguls. Wasn't pretty.

I managed to get in 40 days of skiing. YAY!

Goals for next year;

Learn how to ski moguls.

Meet more Divas.

Improve my carving.

Get my a$$ out of the backseat - completely. ;)

No need to participate in this thread (or gloat :becky:) until you're done for the season, but for many of us, the season has just ended or is ending, so it's been nice to hear what everbody's reflections are....

abc

Banned
I guess I'm ready to reflect, whether my season is "officially" done or not, because the best part is over, now that I'm out of vacation and the northeast is mostly out of snow.

This is a fun season for me. Though mostly not about the skiing itself. I did most of my skiing traveling. The few days when snow is good in the northeast, I used them for x-c skiing. I like x-c more than donwhill so the best local snow days has to be devoted to that. Still, not enough good snow days.

Of all my travel trips, fresh snow had largely eluded me. A few inches here and a few inches there. Some left over powder in the trees or small stashes here and there. Not bad, but nothing epic. Nothing extraordinary.

On the other hand, two of my trips are to some spectacular places: Jackson Hole and St Moritz. My camera got a lot more workout than my skis! :wink: I'll be spending the next few weeks working on sorting the photos rather than chasing the last couple of inches left...

No injury, good. :smile: Too many senior moments (showed up at the wrong airport for my flight, forgetting my poles on the bus), bad. :mad:

This being one of the cheapest season I managed, even with 2 trips to the west and one going overseas.

Oh yeah, I finally gotten used to riding the T-bars to the point my heart rates no longer go through 200! :wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga