• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Recommend for skis to demo - chattering Liberty Genesis 90's 165

zwischen

Diva in Training
Howdy!

Last year, I bought my first pair of skis - 2022 model Liberty Genesis 90's in 165 cm. Most of the time I find them quite fun, but if I want to rip down a groomer, I get chattering in my tips and feel unstable.

I have a window for demoing some skis in about 10 days. I'd like to feel better at speed but still maintain some playfulness in moguls, so I'm weighing between longer, playful skis and stiffer, similar length skis.

I ski in the Tahoe area primarily on blues and short black diamonds. 165 lbs at 5'6". 100% resort skiing. I've only got space for 1 pair, so an all-mountain option is the goal.

Any recommendations? Nordica Santa Ana's are on my radar as are Blizzard Sheeva's, and I'm open to looking into others.

Thank you, Divas!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You will be hard-pressed to find an all-mountain ski that doesn't have what I'm assume you are describing as tip flap at speed. Some are not as "flappy" as others. In general, it's just a noise that doesn't affect the performance of the ski. Have you tried skiing with music so you can't hear it as much to see if the noise is less bothersome?

FWIW I am bothered by "carbon-y" sounding skis. So, I get being sensitive to funny noises coming from our skis. But you will really have a hard time finding a rocketed ski that doesn't exhibit tip flap at one time or another. With that in mind, Stocklis are incredibly calm and quiet, and Santa Anas are quieter than others I've been on. My Rossi Experience 82ti are quiet, but not a great one-ski all-mountain quiver. Volkl Kenjas are carbon's sounding but not as flappy. I own the Sheeva 9s and they will flap around on groomers at speed at times.

Reading your stats, I'm wondering if the length of the Liberty for you, with its rocker, is what is causing some stability at speed issues. If they have a lot of rocker, this could be a big part of what you are feeling. There is always going to be a tradeoff for a ski that is a bit easier to maneuver vs. super stable at speed.

zwischen

Diva in Training
Thanks, @contesstant! I've wondered about length and rocker. The Genesis maxes out at 165, but I believe the Origin is the men's-oriented equivalent. The Sheeva also extends into the 170's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna