• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rain, Rain GO AWAY (don't come back until it's may!)

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugg! Was hoping to possibly have a ski day on Monday - I'm forced to take it off from work. I even found a decent rate and *thought* I had pushed far enough north - BW. But what do I see in the forecasts now? Rain. Rain everywhere, as far north in NH/ME as the forecasts go. Why can't we have a good dump w/o it immediately being followed by rain so I can take advantage! And the rain is scheduled for Monday!!! GRRRRRRRRRR :mad2: :mad2: :yell:

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can totally relate. I am so SICK of this rain. I'm beginning to wonder if we're ever gonna get some good snow this season. We get some flakes, and then they're washed away by the rain. Frustrating.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yep, even as far north as Sugarloaf and Saddleback, Maine :mad2:
Let's just hope it's not a major event, as immediately following Monday is a cool-down. Can you say ICE??????

fatoots

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Crapola! Last I looked at NOAA, it was snow. :( Now I see they've updated.

Can I put my faith in the SR grooming gods?:love:

Jilly

Staff member
I can't believe Monday's forecast for us. +6 C and R. But remember sometimes the weatherman can't get tomorrow right, so why 3 days away!! Snow dancing!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Can I put my faith in the SR grooming gods?:love:
They have to wait for optimal temperatures. They won't groom in the rain, nor can they groom until after things have "set up" (which will happen sometime Tues-Wed). I will say, however, that a nice job was done following the recent event. But they have to wait for the "set up" or it's just a waste of time and ruins the subsurface.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
This winter has been the weirdest and worst ever...the temperature graph resembles a sine curve. It was in the 20's 2 days ago, now it's 60 F and raining! I was in Lake Placid last weekend; Whiteface had a foot of new snow and it was awesome, but now it's raining there too! Everyone in the East has gotten a bum deal this winter.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
At least you're seeing some snow now. It will be colder tomorrow and through the week, at least. I'm hoping this is the end of the warm weather for a while.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
The western Maine mountains are hanging in there. We've lost about 4-6" of snow pack from this warmth and rain - I can finally see a 42" fence in the back for the first time in 2 weeks. So it's not catastrophic here - but it's certainly less than pleasant. Light drizzle and very heavy fog here at 4 p.m., with the cold front due to move in sometime tonight.

Persee, keep in touch about next Monday, 2/25, and Sugarloaf. The forecast I'm seeing via weather.com for the closest town is 27 for a high and snow showers. Haven't checked for a "damage report" up there yet but will keep you posted if you are still thinking about a northerly trek.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga