• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

quick question for those of you that wear compression tights...

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have read that many of you are fans of the CW X compression tights but I was wondering if you wear the full length ones in your boots or the capri length ones.

There isn't a whole lot of room in my boots so I'm curious if that won't be a good idea.

I do sometimes get achy knees and I have tight hip flexors so I was wondering if these tights would be good for me...they sure sound supportive.

Does anyone use any other brands?

And if you use these tights how many other layers do you usually wear over them?

Thanks - I'm turning into a serious gear junkie...and I have over 4 months to go before I'm on the snow again (July seems like it will never get here).

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pair of the 3/4 length that I wear for skiing, and a pair of full length for running. I LOVE them for running. I've only worn them twice for skiing so far, but they've been good. Both days were pretty darn cold, and I only had my ski pants on over them and wished for another layer. If it had been a little warmer, just the pants would have been fine, though.

altagirl

Staff member
I wear the full length ones and have the insulator pro version, so typically I don't wear any other layers with them unless it's really cold.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the 3/4 length CW-X Stabilyx (which are not insulated) for skiing and full length of the same for running. I LOVE them. I do feel that they make a difference in muscle fatigue for me. Normally, all I wear over them for skiing are a pair of non-insulated ski pants. If it's below 20 degrees, I add a pair of 3/4 length smartwool lightweight base layer pants.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I wear the full length insulated, inside my boots, not bothered.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
cwx

I have a pair of 3/4 length that I purchased for skiing. I'm not a fan due to the tight and somewhat inflexible opening at the leg. After a couple of hours I couldn't stand them. So...I got a pair of the full-length insulator version and have no problems inside the boot. These babies are very tight, no issues with extra fabric. As for their support, the other ladies will have great reviews. I use them for a nice baselayer; haven't noticed much difference in regard to support or less fatigue.

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been wearing these for several years and just bought two new pair - both Stabilyx, one full and one 3/4 length. I like the fulls a little better just because I can get a little bit more calf support than the 3/4 I do pull them up and out of my boot though. I also have a pair of the Stabilyx insulated full length tights that I use for running. They are great too - just a pain to peel off after a run :eek: I highly recommend the Stabilyx versions. I think the extra core support has helped me.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm leaving for Utah on Saturday, and I was just about to run around and buy another pair of the tights I use (Australian brand) when I thought I might wait and buy another pair when I get there.

Two questions - what's the approximate price of these tights (the capri ones) and could I easily buy a pair in Park City area?

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got the full length insulated ones.

Inside the boot doesn't bother me, and for the most part, I love them!

I wear a layer over them, then my insulated ski pants.

I NEED to find a warmer mid-layer. As I was telling DH on one lift ride today, (very slow chair, lots of time to talk about lots of things each ride!) I can't see ANY reason anyone would want vents in their snow pants. My legs are never warm enough to need to let heat out!

That he agreed with me on, but then he said, but I don't see how you wear that neck thing all the time! Funny thing is, I said, I gotta have it -- might need to vent my head, and might need pit zips and my "chimney" at the neck, but I can't not have my gaiter!

DH has the full length insulated ones too. He doesn't like the elastic or whatever at the ankle. It's too snug. I've been meaning to have a look at them and see how I might alter them so that they'd be more comfortable for him.

Mine came from www.race-werks.com -- not a bargain, but they're in my neighborhood, and I was able to stop in and pick them up on my way to work!

Karen in Boise

wave_spice

Certified Ski Diva
I am planning on trying a pair of these tights too. I'll probably go with the full length and "insulator" version but does anybody know the difference between the Stabilyx, the Pro, and the Expert? Color seems to dictate part of the name but the support/design around the knee seems to differ as well. I went to the cw-x FAQ web page but I couldn't find any details...

wave_spice

Certified Ski Diva
I am planning on trying a pair of these tights too. I'll probably go with the full length and "insulator" version but does anybody know the difference between the Stabilyx, the Pro, and the Expert? Color seems to dictate part of the name but the support/design around the knee seems to differ as well. I went to the cw-x FAQ web page but I couldn't find any details...

Opps, sorry, please ignore:redface:
I just found the technology link....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga