• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Questions about Big Sky?

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you do it without a car? Is there a good transportation system? Where to fly into? Know of any good places to stay. Would really prefer ski-in/ski-out due to the kids but we don't need a big place (one bedroom with a pull-out would work).

Thanks!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Heads up, marge - ski now work later has been there at least twice (and LOVES it); she is currently en route to Sugarloaf (yay!), so give her some time to reply with all applicable info.

:jealous: That place has been on my bucket list for AGES. Friend went in 1974, and I've wanted to get there since. Yikes - 37 years :eek: "Do it now - otherwise you'll only be one year older when you do." Right. 37 years older.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I know nothing at all about it but the Huntley Lodge just got favorably mentioned to us by a guy at Caberfae - it includes a free breakfast buffet that he was very taken with.

Fly to Bozeman, flights are expensive. Bozeman Airport is a snap, 4 gates, friendly folk, car rentals are reasonable, 45 minute drive to the mountain. Don't need a car when you're there, kids under 10 ski free I think, I love that mountain, hoping to return February 2012. Not much to do except ski though, kids might get stir crazy, though I was there without my kids so I didn't catch on if there are kid activities.

Huntley is nice, it's a small village and a HUGE mountain with amazing snow and something for everyone except the beginner and low intermediate skier. Pricey place though. Great upscale restaurants on and off mountain and amazing brunch at the Huntley. I've been there 3x when DH was attending a professional seminar/conference so we got discounted room and ticket rates and his employer paid for part of the stay. :eyebrows:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually flights into Bozeman are only running about $260 right now. :D I was GEEKED! :D

The kids only like to ski or play UNO with each other. :laugh: We'll be good. We don't even really need a town, just groceries and such.

Sounds good so far. Keep the recommendations coming girls! :clap:

Kids who entertain themselves easily and simply, what more could you ask for? You, and they, will love Big Sky. It's a very special place. We always see a lot of wild life when we're there. The first year we went, we drove down to West Yellowstone and took a snowmobile tour to Old Faithful (in Yellowstone) on a blizzard-y day, that was amazing too.

B

B.E.G.

$260 for a flight into Montana??? [Falls down in shock]

I haven't been but plan to by the end of the season since I'm living in Montana (I'd be ashamed to leave without going there). I have a ton of friends who went to college in Bozeman though and ski at Big Sky a lot and they all love it. I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear what you think!

On a side note, I was at the Honda dealership (my mom is looking for a new car) and looking at CRVs. The one in the showroom had a ski rack as part of the package, and with it comes I think 2 free nights at Huntley Lodge and I think Big Sky lift tickets. I was trying to get her to get that so I could use the ski stuff... :D

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was pretty happy to see those prices too. :smile: They've gone up tonight but they say the best day to get airline tickets is on Tues/Wed which was when I checked them last. :smile:

Thanks for the info!

AltaBird

Certified Ski Diva
You won't need a car. There are shuttle buses from the airport and shuttle buses around the resort. There is also a bus that will take you down the mountain to Buck T-4 for dinner. A great place to eat if you like wild game.

chefbikeski

Diva in Training
My 15 year old son just returned from Big Sky. He is already planning to move there - claims it is the best resort he's been to, and he's been to Kicking Horse, Garmish Germany, Saint Anton, and all over the east. We live at Sugarloaf, ME. They stayed in Big Sky, and the conditions there were fantastic. They spent 3 days in the backcountry, and the snow pack was deep and very safe (not that you'll be backcountry skiing with your kids...) But he says to check out Blue Moon Bakery in Big Sky for some really great pizza.

B-Tele

Certified Ski Diva
FYI backcountry not that safe now...just in case anyone was temped. We've been getting dumped on for the past 48 hours, it's wonderful.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna