• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question on bindings

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, you can always keep them around to decorate your home and remind yourself you're not a #### skier

I'm sure you'll find something that speaks to you and may even enjoy a new toy more.
We can help with that.
❤️❤️

Besi

Diva in Training
I've got a similar set, Attiva something else same vintage. No one wanted anything to do with them. They are closet dwellers now, I really like my K2 disruptions as a replacement.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
yup -- the photo above that @diymom posted is exactly how my Volkl Sols (same era) are --with the integrated rails set into the ski so would be really next to impossible to replace. Such a bummer--that particular line of Volkls---Luna, Sol, Tierra, Fuego were really terrific.
Yes, I had the Sols -- loved them, used them for about 10 yrs, then had to change for the same reason. Also was ready for new tech, and was thrilled to discover that my new skis (2022 Sheeva 9) are even more shaped and responsive now, and much lighter! I'm in love again!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
It's a double edged sword. I HATE when I get on a pair that sucks and have to ski all the way down.
I have a solution for that: take them to the bunny hill first, just to get a quick feel for them. If you hate them, you can turn right around and switch out! I did a "personal demo day" at Taos when I was looking for my new skis. First I researched to see what I was interested in (this forum is a great place to start), then called the various ski shops to see which ones had what skis; since I'm vertically-challenged, it's hard to find skis in my length.

Many ski shops will let you switch out several prs of skis for the same fee, and will also apply the demo fee towards the skis you buy from them.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a solution for that: take them to the bunny hill first, just to get a quick feel for them. If you hate them, you can turn right around and switch out! I did a "personal demo day" at Taos when I was looking for my new skis. First I researched to see what I was interested in (this forum is a great place to start), then called the various ski shops to see which ones had what skis; since I'm vertically-challenged, it's hard to find skis in my length.

Many ski shops will let you switch out several prs of skis for the same fee, and will also apply the demo fee towards the skis you buy from them.
Absolutely. The last time I demo'd was for the Fuegos. The guy was awesome at recommending "If you like those, if you don't like those." I will try the bunny hill trick!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga