• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Queen Attivas

marta

Angel Diva
Hi - Opinions Please! I'm seeing deals on Queen Attivas that may be too good to refuse! I'm mainly an east-coaster, but am looking for a fun fattie to keep around for that occasional storm. (My home area hasn't seen more than 6" since December though, so convincing DH that I "need" these skis will be a challenge....) What do you think of this ski? Is there any difference between the 05-06 and 06-07 models?

I won't be able to demo b4 buying, so I'm wondering mostly the size vs. my size. A 156 is the shortest, and I'm 4'11, 105#. How does the ski ski? Is 156 too big? Not that I have many choices in shorter anyway!

Any info you can provide, thanks!!

marta

Angel Diva
Also, how are they on packed snow, crud, bumps, trees, granular, heavy eastern pow?

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll try to answer your questions. I'm 5'3 and 170+ pounds, so I'm only a little taller than you, but heavier. I ski the 156 cm Queens and am fine with them. I believe the construction is the same in both model years.

I've skied my Queens in crud, hardpack, and spring conditions, as well as a couple inches of groomed snow, and in all conditions, these are about my favorite skis. Because of the width underfoot, the skis float through most crud alot easier than my other skis that are around 70 cm underfoot.

I guess it'll depend on what level skier you are. Right now, my Queen Attivas are my default choice for varied conditions. It's a fun ski.

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought 05/06 Queens on one of those screaming deals. I LOVE them. They're great. I have a review of them on my gear blog (see my signature) but to answer your questions, they do blast through crud pretty well, and on groomers they're fun (even though I hate groomers). They can handle any type of powder but they do have a hard time gripping on ice.

4'11, holy moly, you're tiny! :D I just sold a pair of my "shortie" skis to someone your size, and I was mollified to see that my "shorties" came up to her forehead, lol! I am 5'5" and I think the 164 Queens are just about right for me. They're a very forgiving ski so I think the 156 would be fine for you even though it's a little long for your height.

marta

Angel Diva
The ski shop made a good point for me and my 1/2 pint size. If I were using it solely out West, the length would be okay. Bigger mountains, bigger skis. But if I want to use it here in the East, then the size is too much. They think that I should look for something shorter if I potentially will be mixing coasts (which I am). Sort of makes sense...? :noidea:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga