• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Qs for Skier's Edge users: Seeking tips, etc. for newbies

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks to @marzNC and others who weighed in and provided links to related threads about the SE purchase. We went with the All Mountain Big Mountain one -- on sale for $820 including the slope simulator. We'll follow instructions and do the easiest settings and start slow and work our way up, and have a few Qs for current SE users:

Do you use your own ski poles or something else?
What kind of shoes? Was thinking cross-trainers.
What do you usually watch or listen to when you use the SE?
Anyone use SE primarily for weight loss/cardio in the off season? What's your routine?
Anyone use SE for other body work? (with balls, bands etc.)
Any general advice for newbies?

About us: Both of us mostly ski groomers on East Coast hardpack. Both of us could lose 15-25 lbs.

Him: Skis mostly blacks (East and some West), occasionally double blacks, and muscles through but doesn't ski that efficiently and wants to improve technique. He has taken a couple of lessons this season and is advanced in terms of what he can get down but not in terms of technique.

Me: Less experienced lower intermediate; more cautious. Enjoy cruising on our 2 mile (pitchy in places) long green run, and long or shorter blue runs if they're not too steep. I want to improve overall fitness plus get better balance and technique and get comfortable on more challenging terrain (and will take more lessons next season).

P.S. Not sure if I should post this in the Off-Season board or here--mods, please move if you like.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice! Congratulations - best wishes to you and your DH with getting the most out of the SE. :smile:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a bootleg US Ski Team training tape that's 20 minutes long with lots of musical changes that I watch when I'm on my SE. I also do one of the slower sections of it without poles for an additional balance challenge. 20 minutes is about it for me before I get foot craps at first.

marzNC

Angel Diva
My old SE II came with really long poles. Way too long for me. I use my adjustable poles since I have them. Once I got stronger and improved balance, I don't depend on the poles much in any case.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes this summer.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish the background didn't match her pants!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga