• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Push Carts

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I don't know if it's an Australian thing specifically but my husband's has an insulated compartment you carry ice and beer in...
It's not -- many of the larger models here have those, too.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, my cart has an insulated cooler specifically designed for it, though it is an add on. I did not get it as it had pretty poor reviews and I honestly haven’t needed it because I’ve only been playing 9 holes so 1-2 water bottles is all I’ve needed which can fit in my bag and cup holder. I do want to see if there is an after market one that would work with my cart and has better reviews, but haven’t looked into it yet.

The other thing I didn’t get due to poor reviews is a phone holder. The one Clicgear sells requires you to attach something to your phone case permanently, and I don’t like that. Does anyone use a good phone holder attachment they’d recommend? I’ve been using the free version of 18Birdies for score keeping and GPS distances, so it’d be great to have it sitting right there on the handle versus having to stash it after each use.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
The other thing I didn’t get due to poor reviews is a phone holder. The one Clicgear sells requires you to attach something to your phone case permanently, and I don’t like that. Does anyone use a good phone holder attachment they’d recommend? I’ve been using the free version of 18Birdies for score keeping and GPS distances, so it’d be great to have it sitting right there on the handle versus having to stash it after each use.
I don't use a phone holder because I read an article about how the GPS distancing works, and it works off your phone placement. So if your cart is away from your ball, you won't get an accurate reading; I carry my phone in my pocket, and use my Apple watch to keep score, check distance, etc, via the SwingU app (I use the paid version - the middle tier, not the Premium - and it works well for me). Since scoring and distance is accessible on my watch, I never have to take the phone out of my pocket.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don't use a phone holder because I read an article about how the GPS distancing works, and it works off your phone placement. So if your cart is away from your ball, you won't get an accurate reading; I carry my phone in my pocket, and use my Apple watch to keep score, check distance, etc, via the SwingU app (I use the paid version - the middle tier, not the Premium - and it works well for me). Since scoring and distance is accessible on my watch, I never have to take the phone out of my pocket.
Usually my cart is nearby, but my Apple Watch also shows distance while 18birdies is running so that part is fine. I prefer to mark scoring on my phone and usually do this as I’m walking to the next hole so it’d be perfect if the phone was mounted versus my holding it while pushing the cart with my other hand.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How do you ladies enjoy your push carts?
I tend to get a golf cart because I often play 18 holes and take a lot of hydration because the high desert temps we endure can be fatiguing.
Several times we've been joined with a friend who has his own push cart and he navigates quite well so its got me thinking that I could, perhaps, enjoy a push cart.

The down side is, the new set of clubs I just received came with a choice of golf bags, one of which was the Arnold Palmer LE bag and the other is the Ultralight + Cool bag. I ended up choosing the Arnold Palmer page because it looks fun and the other bag was a few lbs lighter but looked boring.
Will the extra couple lbs make a difference when using a push cart?

IMG_8442.jpeg71452497886__33CF4E48-E128-472F-9D07-302872C62CE1.jpeg

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
How do you ladies enjoy your push carts?
I tend to get a golf cart because I often play 18 holes and take a lot of hydration because the high desert temps we endure can be fatiguing.
Several times we've been joined with a friend who has his own push cart and he navigates quite well so its got me thinking that I could, perhaps, enjoy a push cart.

The down side is, the new set of clubs I just received came with a choice of golf bags, one of which was the Arnold Palmer LE bag and the other is the Ultralight + Cool bag. I ended up choosing the Arnold Palmer page because it looks fun and the other bag was a few lbs lighter but looked boring.
Will the extra couple lbs make a difference when using a push cart?
I love using my cart, and I walk every chance I get. The only times I don't walk is if the weather is threatening (and I might have to make a fast escape), or if it's just too hot+humid (I'm in TN, so 90+ temps + >70% humidity mkes it unbearable - but those times are rare), or when we're having a league 18-hole play date and everyone is riding. I really feel like I'm getting so much more out of my golf rounds when I'm walking.
Nowadays most carts can accommodate most bag sizes; if you're unsure, go to one of the big sporting goods stores and compare different carts before you buy. I usually get my golf gear on Amazon, because of the price difference, but at least check them out in a regular store.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love using my cart, and I walk every chance I get. The only times I don't walk is if the weather is threatening (and I might have to make a fast escape), or if it's just too hot+humid (I'm in TN, so 90+ temps + >70% humidity mkes it unbearable - but those times are rare), or when we're having a league 18-hole play date and everyone is riding. I really feel like I'm getting so much more out of my golf rounds when I'm walking.
Nowadays most carts can accommodate most bag sizes; if you're unsure, go to one of the big sporting goods stores and compare different carts before you buy. I usually get my golf gear on Amazon, because of the price difference, but at least check them out in a regular store.
Thanks. I'm based in Reno, NV so my weather is very different than where you're from and I'm not sure how hilly your courses are, but there are a few out here that are considered un-walkable.

If I had an inkling that I may start walking I probably would have picked the boring yet light weight bag, but...I do like my Arnold Palmer bag.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have a bag heavy starter set carry bag, so I don’t think that’s an issue. At least it isn’t with my Clicgear cart. I really like walking, feels like good exercise and I like that it relaxes me a bit while getting to the next shot. Today I played 9 holes alone and finished in 58 mins walking, thought that was quite good. There are some hills where I played, though not excessively so.

If it’s uber hit/humid give me a driving cart. The other thing is if we are racing the sunset or the course is super busy with riders it can be helpful since I’m still slow overall.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna