• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Price up for 2010-11 passes?

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our local resort just released their cheapest spring price for next year's season passes. The price is almost 12% higher than last year's prices. Are you seeing a bigger increase?

I know operating these resorts is expensive and I don't begrudge them having to increase the prices as costs rise on almost everything, but I'm just wondering what increases everybody else is seeing.

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bumping, now that some season pass prices are out. Are unusually high price jumps the fashion trend for ski resorts next season?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No, $409 through today for Rocky Mtn Super Pass Plus, unlimited Copper, Winter Park, 6 days at Steamboat. Pretty much the same as last year.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The season pass at our local hill had been 229/year unlimited, but dropped to 209 last year, back up to 219 this year.

Even Boyne Mt Resorts have pass prices at or below previous years pricing, I'm guessing, due to the economy. I'm a bit surprised that anyone is raising prices during the current financial climate.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Colorado Pass (Keystone, Breck, A-Basin, 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek) is up $10 this year to $449. The Epic pass (same mountains, but unlimited at Vail/BC and adding Heavenly) is the same at $599.

The lesson package that I bought for DS did go up $25 from $225 to $250, but it's a steal even at that price (4 full day lessons, kids lessons include lunch, and slopeside parking--normally $20/day).

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
we paid $199 for next season's passes for Bogus Basin over Presidents' day weekend. I'm pretty sure there's only been one year we paid more than that for our season pass. It happened the season after a particularly bad snow year.

I've never known what the "regular price" is for a season pass at Bogus -- just never have to think about that one!

Karen in Boise

C

CMCM

My Squaw pass for next year is the same as it was for this year. And the one I buy for our closest mountain (for its early skiing) was actually about $30 less.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My mid-week pass for Okemo is $310., and that includes Stratton and Mount Sunapee. It's not good holiday periods or weekends, which is fine with me because I don't ski then, anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is the same as last year, but I couldn't say for certain. If it's any more, it's only by about ten bucks.

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad the rest of you are enjoying the price freeze. I, too, was surprised to see the season pass price go up in this economy. I thought 12% was a big jump. Actually, a kid's pass at Cannon Mtn would be cheaper next year than at our home mountain, and I think that says a lot!

I did hear one guy who knows nothing about the slope's business goals but owns a ski shop across the street mention that he didn't think they were selling enough one-day lift tickets and that you don't make your big money on season passes. He thought they should try to attract more weekend-ski-trip people. That made me wonder if the price increase was just that--raising season passes but possibly lowering or keeping the same one-day lift ticket. All total speculation only!

Then again, we had hardly any snow this year. Luckily temps were low so what little snow we had stayed around. But, without manmade snow there would have been no skiing. We saved money on snowplow services this year!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Boyne-operated/CNL-owned Sugarloaf/Sunday River/Loon season pass prices are the same, but we "lost" some of our perks: $50 early renewal discount is gone. Offered last year in lieu of the $50 discount was a 3-payment option, this year is the only "perk."

We hardly get the kind of deals that the western resorts offer! :jealous:

If purchased before 4/30 (at least 100 more after that, prices are listed as "TBD" for after 4/30) -----

Gold (no blackout dates) - $899
Silver (14 blackout dates, same as last year: xmas week/MLK weekend/first weekend of Pres week & following Sat) - $599
Bronze (weekdays only, excluding holiday weekdays) - $349

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^^^ Boyne is notorious for not offering any kind of breaks, but they also run a class operation and don't cut corners on their end either.

Jilly

Staff member
I mentioned around the resort on the weekend that I had seen anything on next years passes. Usually Tremblant has a contest. If you purchase your pass before the end of April, you get a chance at a trip to WB.

I suppose with Intrawest's problems, they don't know what to price them at yet.

verrlara

Certified Ski Diva
The college pass which is the same as the rocky mountain super pass plus, seems to be pretty reasonable. Almost a full hundred dollars off the regular pass, but thats just me and my local hill 319 was the price for next year before the 49 dollar increase which is coming soon.

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant has put their's up finally. I don't think there is an increase, but I'll have to find last years info.

A couple of new perks, but not something I even need!

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The season pass at our local hill had been 229/year unlimited, but dropped to 209 last year, back up to 219 this year.
QUOTE]
:jealous:
Not surprised considering the ecomony of Michigan. I always get great deals there when shopping.
Prices good until 04/16/10(save at least $100), then it goes up twice until the season starts:

unlimited season pass for Bristol mountain:
single: $595
family of 2:$1049
family of 3:$1415
family of 4 $1629
family of 5+:$1759

Student pass(kids from 8-22): $465(same as unlimited except you don't ski free at another resort and no coupon for the shop)
weekday pass:$475
evening pass: $325

veggielasagna

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe the non-holiday Gore/Whiteface pass stayed the same this season...$549, not a bad deal at all...price increases as the seasons change :smile:

-veggielasagna

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga