• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Powder Mountain Advice

sbskier

Certified Ski Diva
I am going to Powder Mountain late March. Is a rental car necessary? Is there any shuttle to restaurants, Snowbasin, or grocery stores? Better yet, are there any restaurants or grocery stores. We are staying at Powder Ridge Village.

Any information or advice is welcome.

Thanks!

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Based on my very limited experience with that area, I'd want a rental car. But you'd probably do best to check with the folks at Powder Mountain Village to see what shuttle services they offer. I know Powder Mountain runs a shuttle between the hill and some lodging, but beyond that I have no idea.

abc

Banned
How are you getting to Powder Rdige?

I'm going to Park City Feb. Everyone said there's a nice bus running around so I don't need a car. Well, except the shuttle that goes from the airport to Park City cost $80 round trip!!! I can easily rent a car for a little over that and I don't have to wait around for the shuttle or the bus. What's the point???

I've pretty much giving up on buses for skiing, except the one that goes from the parking lot to the lift (if one exist).

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In Park City, the PC Shuttle is actually very good (once you get up there) and it's FREE to use. I believe it comes around every 15 minutes or so and there are several different lines running everywhere around Park City. However, this information is little or no use to the gal asking about PowMow.

I'm unaware of a shuttle/bus that runs from the SLC airport to the Pow/Mow Ogden area ...

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied Powder Mountain several days last winter. I don't know exactly where Powder Ridge Village is, but there's not much out there, in general. I stayed at Lakeside Village, which is on the south side of the reservoir there, and a car was pertinent for getting to both PowMou and Snowbasin, and the grocery store in Ogden, which is a decent sized town. You may want to check the ski resorts' websites to see if they say anything about shuttles.

altagirl

Staff member
I have no idea if there's a shuttle to get you there or not. But either way, PowMow is about as isolated as you can get. I'd want a car. I don't remember any restaurants there other than the cafeteria. I may have missed it, but still - you'd be really limited on options without a car.

sbskier

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the responses and information. I was initially told that airport shuttle service was available, but after some additional research I found out that not to be the case. So, it looks like a car is necessary.

Thanks again.

chitownski

Certified Ski Diva
Advice from a (former) local: Car is definitely necessary. As far as grocery stores/restaurants, there's not a ton in the PowMow valley. The Valley Market is the only grocery store on the PowMow side of the valley (there might be a small one now on the 'Basin side), but your best bets for a chain grocery store is the Smith's on 12th Street as you head into Ogden Canyon.

Restaurants - a couple (Eats of Eden, Alpine Pizza), nothing exceptional in the Valley. Big exception is Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville - quirky, fantastic dive bar in Huntsville. The only serve burgers with chips (not fries), but I hear said burgers are amazing. If you want to trek into Ogden for restaurant food (not exactly known for its fine dining), my favorites are Oaks (in Ogden Canyon, decent food, beautiful views), Gray Cliff (also in the Canyon, nicer), Rooster's Brewery and the Union Grill on 25th Street, and the Athenian for fairly good Greek food.

The area's definitely sleepy, but it's beautiful and the skiing's fantastic. Have fun!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga