• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Positive thoughts..... Our trip's hanging by a thread....

jokael

Certified Ski Diva
I really need positive thoughts now...... Our trip is hanging by a very thin thread.

We are going to Sweden in 19 days, and as of now it looks possible.
But things can change so quickly.
A months ago Sweden didn't have any restrictions for Danes. Then it got changed to just a green covid-passport and just before New Year, they now say "an green covid passport AND a negative test, no more that 48 hours old.

And with all the kids back in school from wednesday, it's difficult to navigate around the virus.
If one or more of us gets infected it's bye-bye trip, as Sweden doesn't accept proof of recent infection.

So I actually have a chart telling me, how many days we have the greatest risk of infection (school- and workdays) - 13 so far. The weekends are ok, as we don't socialize.

We test twice a week, but honestly there's nothing we can do. And in reality we don't know if we're going or not until 48 hours before. But of course, a positive test before then would let us know earlier than just 48 hours in advance.

Normally I would be all excited by now, counting down, checking equipment etc. - but I'm just nervous.
In case they decide to close the border completely, we're guaranteed a rebooking at no cost. But they might not open until after ski season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So I actually have a chart telling me, how many days we have the greatest risk of infection (school- and workdays) - 13 so far. The weekends are ok, as we don't socialize.

We test twice a week, but honestly there's nothing we can do. And in reality we don't know if we're going or not until 48 hours before. But of course, a positive test before then would let us know earlier than just 48 hours in advance.
Is masking required at schools?

Jilly

Staff member
I get you. Travelling right now is just a pain. Not the excitement you want. I'm looking a trip in April and still wondering if it can be done.

Keep yourself safe, that's all you can do.

jokael

Certified Ski Diva
Is masking required at schools?
No, unfortunately not.
The teachers can choose to wear mask or shield, but not the kids.

They have restricted the school-day quite much right now. No socializing with other classes etc. Luckily my youngest is very anti-social and mostly stick to one friend.
The older one is 15 and doesn't run around that much. He pretty much sits with his phone most of the time.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I sympathize, we're in a similar situation and supposed to be leaving for Switzerland at the end of the month.

Christy

Angel Diva
Good luck to you. My only big vacation in the last year was derailed by a broken bone.

International travel is tough right now. I've been reading Costa Rica travel forums in preparation for a trip later this year. You need to have a negative PCR trip before you can get on a plane back to the US, and it seems like increasingly, people are testing positive and having to figure out how to deal with that when so far from home.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fully feel for you; you simply can't get excited when there's so much uncertainty. Wish all the best for your plans, and if things go pear-shaped you'll find a lot of sympathy and support here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna