• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Portland right now

newboots

Angel Diva
Ouch! That's too bad!

I lived in Vermont and moved to NY state, only about 80 minutes north of NYC. There seem to be plenty of drivers who think that winter driving is either (1) terrifying and requires 20 mph all the way to your destination or (2) a great opportunity to try out that 4WD and crank up the speed. Also, they believe "all weather tires" are snow tires. This is a snowy winter (yay!) (thank you, polar vortex!) and it's a real challenge.

lucy

Angel Diva
Great cartoon! My parents live in Portland and they don’t think they need snow tires for wet, frozen, winter roads.

Me: Have you thought about getting winter tires?
Them: But it never snows!
<repeat>

Lol. I’ll keep trying but you should know, they might be one of the creepers going 20 mph. Be safe and leave early. ;)

newboots

Angel Diva
But then there's those Portlanders that continue to use their studded tires year round. KRKRKRKRKRKR! Lol

AAK! It's illegal in many places. Wrecks the roads and raises your taxes. Plus really dumb.

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
AAK! It's illegal in many places. Wrecks the roads and raises your taxes. Plus really dumb.

I think it's illegal here too, but not very enforced. There's a huge pothole problem here and the studs are probably partly to blame.

As an aside, made it to Mt Hood today and only the bunny hill is open. The other lifts are "delayed." Ugh

newboots

Angel Diva
As an aside, made it to Mt Hood today and only the bunny hill is open. The other lifts are "delayed." Ugh

What? Ugh indeed. Are they charging money for this? :snow:

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently they lost power and with the backup generator were able to only power the lodge and the bunny lift. But power has been restored! Glad I did bunny hill laps for an hour instead of leaving! :yahoo:Lots of other people left. Plenty of wide open runs!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna