• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Poles: carbon vs. metal

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've always had metal poles, but lately I've been thinking about making the switch to carbon. So I'd like to know: anyone have opinions on metal vs. carbon? What sort of poles do you have, and how do you feel about them? And what about graphite?

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Scott graphites, too.
My husband loves his carbons. He says they're way lighter. I'm happy with mine for now, though.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Carbon definitely. They are light and strong, but the biggest advantage for me is they are thinner than aluminium poles. I have very small hands, and I find it tricky to wrap my hand around a pair of metal poles when I have gloves on, they are quite awkward to hold on to. I have two pairs of K2 poles that are pretty too, they match my skis.

:love:

abc

Banned
I confess I ski better without them... :( (at least on the groomers)

(sorry, I don't have anything to contribute..)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had my Goode Tigers for, uhhhhhh, 20ish years :eek: . Other than a little of the graphics getting scraped off, they're still in great shape. I love how light and flicky they are, and the grip fits my hand really well,

I'm all about carbon/composite except for racing. When you're pushing out of the gate, you DON'T want the flex inherent in composite poles. So, for racing, I have sturdy aluminum poles (straight for SL, "aero" for GE/DH).

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have Leki's that are angled carbon on top, a little shock absorberr in the middle, and aluminum on the bottom. Very lightweight, strong, and have an easy swing. Expensive, but I like them so much I bought a second pair just to keep in reserve.

As for getting your hand around the grip, a good ski shop should be able to help you with that, regardless of the composition of the pole itself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga