• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Podcast Recommendations

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm listening to a podcast called "Case 63". The show is a science fiction podcast that follows the therapy sessions of Peter Roiter who claims to be a time traveler. It stars Julianne Moore. I'm on episode 4 of the first season. Spooky and compelling.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
“Normal Gossip” is a lot of fun. Really well produced.

“Rumble Strip” is a quirky Vermont podcast; the Peabody-winning episode “Finn and the Bell” is beautiful and will break your heart.

“You’re Wrong About” analyzes cultural reactions to people in recent history, especially women. It can be uneven from episode to episode, but the ones on Monica Lewinksy, Tonya Harding, Karen Carpenter, et al. are really great

mickey823

Diva in Training
I've gotten into Reasonably Fit by Jason and Lauren Pak. It's a fitness podcast that I discovered when I started rehabbing a knee injury a few months ago...their whole message is focused on sustainable fitness that works with real life. They use their own expertise and experience, and bring in other experts, so there's good variety too!

Christy

Angel Diva
I've listened to a few You're Wrong Abouts and they were good. For example the Martha Stewart episode. What are some other really good ones?

I really like Sarah Marshall's other podcast--You are Good--which is a very funny dissection of a different movie each time. The Bad News Bears episode had me in stitches, and it's inspired me to rewatch movies I hadn't thought about in ages, like Mystic Pizza. I also like hearing their Millennial take on shows that were a very big deal to me as a Gen X, like Sex and the City.

I love Irish writer Caroline O'Donoghue's Sentimental Garbage (about movies/books/tv that many dismiss as "chick lit"/romcoms/etc).

Ologies, the Happiness Lab (Yale's Dr Laurie Santos talks about research into happiness), Planet Money...

Also, If Books Could Kill
I've never heard of that--it looks good!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I've been sucked way into Tides of History. I've been listening from the dawn of Humans based on DNA onward. He explores many early cultures, especially ones we aren't as familiar with (Neolithic China anyone?) and deep dives into the ones we are familiar with.

Mariem

Certified Ski Diva
If you're a reader, you might enjoy Beach, Books and Beyond. It's hosted by Elin Hilderbrand and her "work husband," Tim Ehrenberg of Nantucket Books. And I LOVE MoBituaries!

lisasouthbayla

Certified Ski Diva
If you're a reader, you might enjoy Beach, Books and Beyond. It's hosted by Elin Hilderbrand and her "work husband," Tim Ehrenberg of Nantucket Books. And I LOVE MoBituaries!
I just finished The Hotel Nantucket, which was fun to read after going there a couple times in the last year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna